2010 MLB Draft: What You Need To Know
- Tomorrow night at 7:00 P.M. EST the draft will kick off with just the first round and first round compensation round only. The first round will be televised tomorrow night by MLB Network (coverage starts at 6:00 P.M. EST), but MLB.com will be carrying the draft live on-line all three days.
- On Tuesday (June 8th) the draft kicks back up with rounds 2-30. The draft wraps up on Wednesday (June 9th) with rounds 31-50. Both days start at 12:00 P.M. EST.
- There will be several minutes between selections for the first round because of TV, but for rounds 2-50 the picks will come fast and as furious as always via conference call.
- Here are the overall placements of the Indians' picks through the first ten rounds: 5, 55, 87, 120, 150, 180, 210, 240, 270, 300.
- For a refresher on who the Indians make take with their first pick, check out Jeff Ellis' two pieces he did on the hitters and pitchers the Indians will likely consider.
- Starting tomorrow we'll have all the news as it comes in with regard to what the Indians may be doing with the first pick, and as the draft commences and the picks come in lots of scouting reports, video, stats, analysis, etc will be posted immediately (as soon as humanly possible). So check back often!
- Finally, here is the first round draft order:
1. Washington Nationals
2. Pittsburgh Pirates
3. Baltimore Orioles
4. Kansas City Royals
5. Cleveland Indians
6. Arizona Diamondbacks
7. New York Mets
8. Houston Astros
9. San Diego Padres
10. Oakland Athletics
11. Toronto Blue Jays
12. Cincinnati Reds
13. Chicago White Sox
14. Milwaukee Brewers
15. Texas Rangers (com pick for unsigned pick Purke last year)
16. Chicago Cubs
17. Tampa Bay Rays
18. Los Angeles Angels (comp pick for Chone Figgins signing with Seattle)
19. Houston Astros (comp pick for Jose Valverde signing with Detroit)
20. Boston Red Sox (comp pick for Billy Wagner signing with Atlanta)
21. Minnesota Twins
22. Texas Rangers
23. Florida Marlins
24. San Francisco Giants
25. St. Louis Cardinals
26. Colorado Rockies
27. Philadelphia Phillies
28. Los Angeles Dodgers
29. Los Angeles Angels (comp pick for John Lackey signing with Boston)
30. Los Angeles Angels
31. Tampa Bay Rays (comp pick for unsigned pick of Washington last year
32. New York Yankees