Around the Farm: August 11
Chen Lee-RP, Akron: IP, 2 K
June 25. That's the last time Lee gave up an earned run, spanning his last 12 appearances. On the season, Lee has struck out 64 in his 57 1/3 innings of work and has a 3.77 ERA. Over his last 12 appearances, Lee has more strikeouts (23) than baserunners allowed (12). Eastern League batters hit just .070 against him in the month of July, and are at .200 in his two appearances so far in the month of August. Any way you look at it, Lee has been one of the hottest pitchers in Akron over the past month and a half.
- Cord Phelps-2B, Columbus: 2-4, 2 1B. Phelps has hit in 7 of his last 8, and is 10-32 over that span.
- Wes Hodges-1B, Columbus: 2-4, 2B, 2 R. Back-to-back multi-hit efforts for Hodges.
- Anthony Reyes-SP, Akron: IP, H, 7 ER, 6 BB. Reyes struck out the first batter he faced, and the next two grounded out. After that though, Reyes did his best Ricky Vaughn impression, walking the next 5 and mixing in 3 wild pitches. A RBI single and another walk later, Reyes was mercifully done for the day.
- Matt Packer-RP, Akron: 7 IP, 3 H, 4 K, 3 BB. Ahh, much better. Packer did allow 3 inherited runners to score, but held down Reading for 7 innings, allowing the Aeros to climb back into the game. He even picked two runners off first.
- John Drennen-OF, Akron: 3-5, 2B, 2 R. Multi-hit games in 3 of his last 4, and 4 of his last 6.
- Carlos Rivero-SS, Akron: 2-4, HR (5), 2 RBI, R, CS. Another down year for Rivero, whose OPS is at an even .600.
- Delvi Cid-OF, Lake County: 2-4, 2 2B, 2 RBI, 2 R, BB, SB. Stolen base number 58 for Cid, who is hitting .302/.348/.465 over his last 10.
- Kevin Rucker-OF, Mahoning Valley: 2-3, HR (1), RBI, BB, 2 R. 2007 47th round pick with his first HR for the Scrappers.
- Isaias Encarnacion-RP, DSL Indians: 2 IP, 2 H, ER, 4 K, 2 BB. Just turned 19 years old, Encarnacion has 13 K in 11 2/3 IP...but also 14 BB.
- Erik Gonzalez-3B, DSL Indians: 2-4, 2 1B. 18-year old 3B is putting up an OPS over .800 so far in the DSL.
No comments currently. Be the first to comment!