Around the Farm: August 22
Carlos Carrasco-SP, Columbus: 7 2/3 IP, 7 H, 4 ER, 8 K, BB
Carrasco went 5 2/3 hitless innings yesterday against Toledo, before a two-out rally in the 6th finally got to him for a pair of runs. Then, after a 1-2-3 7th, Carrasco again ran into trouble after retiring the first two batters in the 8th, giving up 2 ER with two outs. Yesterday's start was a microcosm of Carrasco's career. Great stuff, but has a tendency to lose it when he gets runners on base. Carrasco has as much talent as any pitcher in the Indians system, but needs to be more consistent in order to develop into the front of the rotation starter that the Indians need him to be.
- Zach Putnam-RP, Columbus: 1 1/3 IP, 2 K. Struck out two of the four hitters he faced, ERA down to 4.67 in AAA with 17 K in 17 1/3 IP.
- Corey Kluber-SP, Akron: 5 1/3 IP, 5 H, ER, 3 K, 2 BB. As promised, Kluber has been much better in his past two starts for Akron.
- Matt Packer-SP, Akron: 5 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, 4 K, BB. Packer is 0-2 for the Aeros so far, but has pitched very well in 3 of his 4 starts.
- Nick Hagadone-RP, Akron: 2 IP, 2 H, 2 ER, 2 K, 2 BB. It was a night of 2's for Hagadone, who took the loss in relief of Kluber.
- Aaron Laffey-RP, Akron: IP, H. Laffy worked a scoreless inning in his first outing for the Aeros.
- Lonnie Chisenhall-3B, Akron: 2-7, 2 2B, RBI, 4 K. It was a tale of two games for Chisenhall, as he went 2-3 in the opener, then took the golden sombrero in game two, going 0-4 with 4 K.
- Joe Gardner-SP, Kinston: 5 IP, 5 H, 2 R (1 ER), 4 K. Gardner allowed 4 singles and a double yesterday, as he picked up his 11th win in the Carolina League.
- Bo Greenwell-OF, Kinston: 2-4, RBI, R. Greenwell had been hitless in his last 11 AB's going into yesterday's game.
- Abner Abreu-OF, Kinston: 2-3, 2 RBI, R, K. Abreu is hitting an even .400 over his last 10 games...but also has 9 K against just one BB over that time period.
- Chun Chen-C, Kinston: 0-1, RBI, 2 BB, SB. After posting a 38/17 K/BB ratio in Lake County, Chen has put up a near-even 30/26 since moving up to the Carolina League.
- Tyler Holt-OF, Lake County: 2-3, 2B, BB, SB, 3 R. The 2010 10th rounder out of Florida State has hits in 5 of his 8 Midwest League games, with 3 2B and a triple.
- Adam Abraham-3B, Lake County: 1-5, HR (12), 2 RBI, R. HR in two of his past four games.
- Cole Cook-SP, Mahoning Valley: 4 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 3 K, BB. After a rough first pro start, the 2010 5th round pick had a better outing yesterday.
- Alex Lavisky-C, AZL Indians: 2-2, 2 1B. Our long national nightmare is over, as Lavisky has his first professional hits.
- Tony Wolters-SS, AZL Indians: 0-4, RBI. Wolters with the only RBI for the AZL Indians yesterday.
No comments currently. Be the first to comment!