Around the Farm: August 27
Trey Haley - SP, Lake County: 2.2 IP, 3 H, 6 R (4 ER), 8 BB, 3 K.
The walks continue to haunt Haley as he is now up to 81 on the season in 110.1 innings. He has electric stuff with a mid-90s fastball and two plus potential secondary pitches, but he and the Indians are still working through some mechanical issues with his delivery to improve his command. His 8 walks on the night combined with the 8 walks by the relievers made it a 16 walk night for Captains pitchers. Yowsers. Add to that the 18 strikeouts by Captains batters, and it is double yowsers.
- Jordan Brown - DH, Columbus: 2-for-4, 2 K. Hit or miss night for J-Brown. Unfortunately for the Clippers there was a lot of missing on the night.
- Carlos Carrasco - RHP, Columbus: 7.0 IP, 5 H, 1 R/ER, 1 BB, 6 K. Looks ready to assume a rotation spot in Cleveland and possibly his last start with Clippers since his next scheduled one is September 1st.
- Aaron Laffey - RP, Columbus: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K. Should be called up right on September 1st as part of (small) first wave.
- Jerad Head - OF, Akron: 1-for-4, 2 RBI. Having a monster .311/.368/.589 year in 61 games for Akron.
- Beau Mills - 1B, Akron: 0-for-4. After promising .340/.377/.575 line in 27 July games, he has flatlined in 25 August games hitting .169/.269/.539.
- John Drennen - OF, Akron: 2-for-4, 2B. He's been overlooked some this year, but having a very solid .304/.358/.440 year. The upitck in his average is nice, but he needs to show more power to have a big league chance.
- Corey Kluber - SP, Akron: 7.0 IP, 8 H, 1 R/ER, 1 BB, 5 K. Finally settling in and living up to trade reports that he is an innings eating quality starter. In his last three outing for Akron he is 2-0 and allowed 2 runs in 18.1 IP.
- Connor Graham - RP, Akron: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R/ER, 2 BB, 0 K. After an impressive run in the pen, showing signs of being human in last two appearances with 7 walks in 1.2 innings.
- Jeremie Tice - 1B, Kinston: 1-for-2, R, HR, 2 RBI. Big night for the converted first baseman, and his solo shot in the 4th was the difference in the ballgame in a big K-Tribe win.
- T.J. House - SP, Kinston: 6.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R/ER, 4 BB, 4 K. A big start from the young lefty who continues to put up some good numbers year after year. If he ever gets the walk issues and fastball command straightened out, look out.
- Travis Turek - RP, Kinston: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K: Has had a good year though struggled in August with 6.39 ERA and .340 BAA. Hopefully a sign he is turning things around.
- Cory Burns - RP, Kinston: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K. Another save and more Ks. He's gonna end up with 40+ saves on the year and some ridiculous peripheral numbers.
- Adam Abraham - 3B, Lake County: 2-for-5, R, 2 RBI, 2 K. Continues stunning second half hot streak.
- Chris Kersten - DH, Lake County: 1-for-4, R, HR, 3 RBI, 3 K. Huge blow with 3-run HR in first inning, big cool breeze to fans in stands after.
- Kyle Smith - 2B, Lake County: 0-for-4, 4 K. Not so proud winner of Golden Sombraro.
- Giovanny Urshela - 3B, Mahoning Valley: 0-for-4, K. First game back after two week layoff from wrist injury and looked rusty.
- Jordan Cooper - SP, Mahoning Valley: 4.0 IP, 7 H, 5 R (4 ER), 1 BB, 3 K. Part of Scrappers staff on night that allowed 11 runs and 21 base-runners.
- Alexander Morales - SP, AZL Indians: 5.0 IP, 5 H, 1 R/ER, 3 BB, 6 K. Best outing of year in a very disappointing season (0-8, 6.11 ERA, .317 BAA).
No comments currently. Be the first to comment!