Around the Farm: August 29
Austin Adams-SP, Kinston: W, 5 IP, 4 H, 1 R (0 ER), 6 K, BB.
Adams is now 5-1 for the K-Tribe, with a 1.51 ERA in 53 2/3 IP. That's actually better than his time in Lake County, where he was 2-4 with a 3.54 ERA in 53 1/3 IP. Adams has 105 strikeouts in 107 innings across both A levels this year, and has walked just 34. As a 24-year old, Adams needed to have a big year to put himself on the map at A, and needs to follow it up with another solid year at AA next year to keep the momentum going.
- Zach McAllister-SP, Columbus: 5 IP, 7 H, 3 ER, 3 BB, K. McAllister didn't miss many bats yesterday, but managed to limit the damage to 3 ER despite allowing 10 baserunners in 5 innings.
- Zach Putnam-RP, Columbus: 2 IP, 2 H, R (0 ER), 2 K, BB. Putnam allowed just 2 ER in his 14 1/3 August innings. His ERA for the Clippers is now down to 3.80.
- Jared Goedart-3B, Columbus: 4-5, HR (19), RBI, 3 R, SB, K. Goedart had been 0-16 in his last four games, but snapped out of that funk in a big way yesterday. Just his 2nd HR in the month of August.
- Ezequiel Carrera-OF, Columbus: 2-5, 3B, 2 RBI, 2 R, 2 SB. The speedy Carrera now has 7 SB since joining the Clippers, and has been caught just twice.
- Cord Phelps-2B, Columbus: 1-2, 2B, RBI, BB, SB. Finishing up his "worst" month, Phelps has hit .286/.364/.468 in August, with 2 HR and 14 RBI.
- Chen Lee-RP, Akron: 2 IP, 3 K. Two clean innings for Lee in his 1st appearance since allowing an earned run. Time to start a new streak!
- Beau Mills-1B, Akron: 2-3, BB. Mills now 4-6 in his last two games.
- Jason Kipnis-2B, Akron: 1-5, 2B, RBI, K. Kip now with a 7-game hitting streak after breaking out of his minor slump.
- Lonnie Chisenhall-3B, Akron: 1-4, RBI, R, 2 K. .333/.415/.583 over his last 10 games.
- Tyler Sturdevant-RP, Kinston: 2 IP, 2 H, 2 K. Sturdevant has 86 strikeouts in 61 innings across both A levels this year, and an ERA of 1.92.
- Chun Chen-C, Kinston: 3-5, HR (6), 2B, 3 RBI, 2 R, K. Chen continues to sizzle to the tune of .313/.465/.656 over his last 10, with 3 HR and 10 RBI to boot.
- Kyle Bellows-3B, Kinston: 1-4, HR (9), 4 RBI, BB, 2 R. OPS of .704 is not what you're looking for out of a 4th round 3B.
- Bo Greenwell-OF, Kinston: 2-5, 2B, 2 R. Greenwell's batting average in August is over 100 points lower than any other month, and his OPS is 150 points lower.
- Brett Brach-SP, Lake County: W, 6 2/3 IP, 4 H, 4 K, BB. Nice bounceback outing after getting touched up for 9 ER in 2 1/3 his last time out.
- Tyler Holt-OF, Lake County: 2-3, 2 2B, CS. Holt had two of Lake County's 3 hits...
- Chris Kersten-1B, Lake County: 1-3 HR (12), RBI, R, K: ...and Kersten had the other in a 1-0 victory for the Captains.
- Gio Urshela-3B, Mahoning Valley: 2-4, RBI. The slick-fielding 3B is now hitting .294 for the Scrappers.
- Carlos Moncrief-OF, Mahoning Valley: 2-4, 2 3B, RBI, R. Hitting .293/.326/.439 in his last 10 contests.
- LeVon Washington-OF, AZL Indians: 1-4, RBI, BB. Washington has hit in all 3 AZL games he has played in so far.
No comments currently. Be the first to comment!