Around the Farm: AZPL 9/27
Here is the game report for the Arizona Parallel League (AZPL) game played on Tuesday.
For those who do not know the AZPL is considered advanced Instructional League. The Indians and Reds share a team and it is primarily to get some older players more playing opportunities against like competition.
Parallel League Game #4: September 27 vs. Peoria
- Bo Greenwell (1B): 0-for-1, CS. Greenwell played just one inning. No word of an injury, but with a caught stealing it looks like he may have hurt or aggravated a prior injury stealing a base in the first inning.
- Kyle Bellows (3B/1B): 1-for-4, R, HR, 2 RBI. With Greenwell being removed from the game, Bellows slid over to first base. It is always nice to see production numbers from him. If he can somehow ever do that more consistently, with his defense he has a shot to make the big leagues.
- Carlos Moncrief (RF/LF): 3-for-3, R, 2B, RBI, BB, SB. What a game for Moncrief. In fact, his last two games have been top notch as he has stuffed the stat sheet going 5-for-7 with 4 RBI and 2 walks.
- Hector Ambriz (SP): 1.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R/ER, 0 BB, 1 K. Ambriz continues his comeback from Tommy John surgery throwing a 13-pitch inning. He threw first pitch strikes to 2 of 4 batters.
- J.D. Reichenbach (RP): 2.0 IP, 4 H, 5 R (0 ER), 2 BB, 3 K. It was a struggle as Reichenbach needed 54 pitches to get through his two innings of work. An error opened up the flood gates and resulted in 5 unearned runs.