Around the Farm: December 27
- Yohan Pino - RP, Tigres de Aragua: 2.1 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 3 K. What an ugly pitching line for Pino, though he never yielded a run. He came on to start the 6th inning and gave up two hits and a walk to load the bases but worked his way out of the inning without allowing a run. He allowed a single in the 7th, and then in the 8th allowed two of the first three hitters to reach on singles before being lifted. None of the runners left on base scored, so while Pino never allowed a run that's how he managed to allow 6 baserunners in 2.1 innings and not get dinged.
- Luis Valbuena - DH, Cardenales de Lara: 1-for-1, RBI, 2 BB, CS. Not to beat a dead horse, but Valbuena has arguably had the most impressive winter season of any player in the Indians organization. He's only hitting .228, but thanks to an outstanding 36-26 walk to strikeout ratio he has a very healthy .363 on-base percentage.
- Jayson Nix - 3B, Senadores de San Juan: 0-for-3, 2 K. Nix with another errorless game...good! Nix with another sucky offensive performance in Puerto Rico....bad! Now just 7-for-49 at the plate in 13 games and a horrific 2-16 walk to strikeout ratio.
- Asdrubal Cabrera - SS, Leones del Caracas: 0-for-5. Cabrera with two straight 0-for-5 nights at the plate, and now just 2-for-19 in his last five games.
- Juan Apodaca - C, Aguilas del Zulia: 0-for-4, 2 K. Apodaca gets a rare opportunity to start on back-to-back nights, a clear sign the end of the winter season is near.
No comments currently. Be the first to comment!