Around the Farm: July 13
Jeanmar Gomez - SP, Mahoning Valley: 4 IP, 5 H, ER/R, 3 K. In his final "tune up" before getting the call to pitch in Cleveland, Gomez pitched a short outing so he can be ready to pitch on Sunday. He's been quite impressive this season in the minors, compiling a record of 9-3. In 14 starts, he's pitched a combined 97.2 innings with a 2.40 ERA. Opponents have a .246 average against him.
- Carlos Moncrief - RF, Lake County: 2-4. Moncrief has been swinging a hot bat of late. In his last four games, he's hitting .389 (7-18). Though his overall average is down, he's been a contributor to the Lake County offense.
- LeVon Washington - CF, Lake County: 0-4, 2 K. Just when you thought Washington was turning the corner, he's hit another funk. In his last ten games, he's only hitting .111 (4-36), which includes 15 strike outs.
- Jesus Aguilar - 1B, Lake County: 0-4, 2 K. Though he had a down night, in his last ten games, he's been on fire, hitting .314 (11-35).
- Ronny Rodriguez - SS, Lake County: 2-4, R, 2B. The other guy who has been swinging a hot bat of late is Rodriguez, who is loaded with a ton of potential. He's hitting .306 (11-36) in his last ten games.
- KC Serna - 2B, Mahoning Valley: 1-4, R, RBI, BB. Serna has caught a few eyes to open the season, especially as of late.
- Tony Wolters - SS, Mahoning Valley: 1-4, 2 K. Hitting .325 in his past ten games, he's managed a hit in nine of those ten. Quite impressive for a young prospect.
- Jake Lowery - DH, Mahoning Valley: 1-4, RBI, K. After getting off to a hot start, Lowery has cooled down a bit, hitting .216 in his last ten games.
- Joseph Colon - SP, Mahoning Valley: 5 IP, 2 H, BB, 4 K. Easily Colon's best start of the season, who pitched the in relief of Gomez.