Around the Farm: July 14
Around the Farm takes a quick look at some of yesterday's performances by Indians prospects throughout the system. The positions listed below are where the player was playing in yesterday's game.
Jesus Aguilar - 1B, Lake County: 2-4, 2 R, 2 HR, 2 RBI, 2 K. Aguilar continues to swing a hot bat. His average is creeping closer to .300 and he's approaching 20 HR on the season. For such a young prospect, it's quite encouraging to see the amount of power he's displayed this early in his career. The one knock against him continues to be his strike out rate. He currently sits at 87 strike outs on the season already and that number will continue to rise. But one thing is for sure is that Aguilar's prospect stock is rising quick.
- Tim Fedroff - CF, Columbus: 2-4, 3 R, BB, 2 K. "Mr. Consistent" is producing even at Columbus, though struggling somewhat of late.
- Cord Phelps - 2B, Columbus: 2-4, BB, 2 K. Phelps is going to need to do a lot to prove himself now to get himself back in Cleveland.
- Jason Donald - SS, Columbus: 2-3, 2B, 2 RBI, 2 BB. It seems like Donald is the forgotten man this season with the amount of injuries he's had.
- David Huff - SP, Columbus: (L, 8-3) 3 IP, 6 H, 3 ER/R, BB, 3 K, HR. One of Huff's worst starts of the year, as he's been sharp in nearly every start.
- C.C. Lee - RP, Columbus: IP, 2 K. Lee continues to be on the fast track to Cleveland.
- Beau Mills - 1B, Akron: 2-3, R, 2 2B, BB. Since being activated off the DL a month into the season, Mills has significantly been better at the plate than all of last season.
- Chun Chen - C, Akron: 1-4, 2B, RBI. After not playing in the All Star game, Chen comes back to Akron and produces.
- Matt Packer - SP, Akron: (L, 3-9) 7.1 IP, 6 H, 2 ER/R, 8 K, HR. In most of Packer's losses this season, he's looked pretty bad to put it nicely. However, this was a start where he didn't deserve to lose. He didn't walk a batter and only surrendered 2 runs.
- Adam Miller - RP, Akron: 0.2 IP, H, ER/R, BB, K. Miller still is struggling to have consistency in his rebound from injury.
- LeVon Washington - CF, Lake County: 3-3, R, 2B, 2 RBI, BB. Washington hit his way out of a huge slump.
- Giovanny Urshela - 3B, Lake County: 2-5, 2 R, 2B, RBI, K. One of the disappointing prospects this season has been Urshela. Coming in, he had high expectations placed on him and that may be a reason why he's been disappointing.
- Nick Bartolone - 2B, Lake County: 4-4, 3 R, 2B, RBI. Having a rough season, Bartolone finally produced like most expected him to at the get-go.
- Tony Wolters - SS, Mahoning Valley: 1-4, R. Wolters extends his hit streak and continues to show his advanced approach at the plate.
- Jake Lowery - DH, Mahoning Valley: 1-3, R, 2B, RBI, BB, K. A straight up great hitter continues to be the center of the Mahoning Valley offense.
- Nate Striz - RP, Mahoning Valley: (W, 2-1) 4 IP, 2 H, 3 BB, 4K. A quality outing by Striz who has been a nice backbone for the 'pen.
No comments currently. Be the first to comment!