Around The Farm: July 16, 2013
Around the Farm takes a quick look at some of yesterday’s performances by Indians prospects throughout the system. The positions listed below are where the player was playing in yesterday’s game.
Francisco Lindor (Akron, SS) - 0-2, 2 BB - Admittedly, this performance is non-descript in and of itself, but what it represents is far bigger than the numbers on a computer screen or piece of paper. The most highly anticipated prospect in the Wahoo organization is not only one step closer to taking the field at the corner of Carnegie and Ontario for the Big Club, but also once again is playing for an affiliate near enough for Tribe fans to get a look at him now. While there are the obvious questions, such as how he will fare at this new level (a major jump from Single-A ball, even that of the Advanced variety) and whether the Tribe brass will consider him for a late season call-up to C-Bus (or even a September Call-Up to the Show?), there is also the issue of how his early performance at this level will affect the Indians' thought process regarding the possibility of trading big league shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera.
- Ronny Rodriguez (Akron, 2B) - 3-3, 2 RBI, 1 SB, 1 CS, 1 E, 1 Sac Fly - Ron-Rod puts up his second straight multi -hit night and third in four games. Hopefully, he is out of his recent slump.
- Carlos Moncrief (Akron, RF) - 2-4, 2 R, 1 2B, 1 3B - Moncrief just keeps rollin' on. He scores both Aeros runs (driven in by Ronny Rodriguexz both times) and ups his "last ten" slash line to .350/.422/.525.
- Giovanny Urshela (Akron, 3B) - 1-4, 1 2B - Only Aero other than Moncrief to pick up an extra-base hit on the night.
- Brett Brach (Akron, SP) - L (5-6), 5 H, 4 R (2 earned), 6 K, 1 HR allowed - Brach's uneven season continues, but Rodriguez's error certainly didn't help things.
- Shawn Armstrong (Akron, RP) - 0.2 IP, 2 H, 1 R (earned), 2 BB - Another pitcher whose results are best described as "uneven".
- Enosil Tejeda (Akron, RP) - 1.1 IP, 1 H, 2 K - Tejeda continues his solid form.