Around the Farm: July 21
Around the Farm takes a quick look at some of yesterday's performances by Indians prospects throughout the system. The positions listed below are where the player was playing in yesterday's game.
Jesus Aguilar - 1B, Lake County: 4-6, R, HR, 4 RBI, K. Aguilar is doing everything in his power (no pun intended) to prove to the Tribe brass he's ready to be promoted. He's been swinging a hot bat, hitting .357 in his past ten games, scoring 9 runs along the way. He also has compiled 4 doubles and 3 home runs while driving in 12. His splits are even more impressive: .426 OBP/.667 SLG/1.092 OPS. And on the year, he's hitting .294 with 25 doubles, 19 home runs, and 67 RBI. His splits include: .370 OBP/.549 SLG/.919 OPS. Not bad for a 21-year-old!
Follow Tony and the Indians Prospect Insider on Twitter @TonyIPI. Also, his latest book the 2011 Cleveland Indians Top 100 Prospects & More is available for purchase for $20.95 to customers in the US (shipping and handling extra).
- Jason Kipnis - 2B, Columbus: 0-3, RBI, BB, K. His going away game wasn't impressive, but apparently the front office felt it was time. Best of luck to Jason in Cleveland.
- Jason Donald - 3B, Columbus: 3-5, RBI. Ripping the cover off the ball lately, I'm a bit surprised Donald didn't get the call over Kipnis. Hitting .528 (19-36) in his past ten games, he's raised his season batting average to .336. Also in his past ten games, it includes a .622 OBP/.833 SLG/1.456 OPS.
- Justin Germano - SP, Columbus: (L, 0-2) 6 IP, 12 H, 5 ER/R, 2 K. A typical outing that you'd expect from Germano, who really is just an organizational need filler at this point in time.
- CC Lee - RP, Columbus: 2 IP, H, 0 ER/1 R, BB, 2 K. Another impressive outing from CC, who surrendered his first unearned run in quite some time.
- Josh Judy - RP, Columbus: IP, K. Could Judy be the subject of a trade that would bring the Indians some big league help? Time will tell. We have an influx of bullpen talent.
- Beau Mills - 1B, Akron: 1-4, 2 R, HR, 2 RBI, BB, K. Continuing to impress, Mills hasn't stopped swinging his hot bat and we're finally starting to see what all the hype was about when he was first drafted.
- Chun Chen - C, Akron: 2-4, 2 R, 2B, 2 RBI, BB, K. Also swinging a hot bat of late has been Chun Chen, who has hit .333 in his past ten games.
- Ben Copeland - RF, Akron: 2-5, 2 R, 2B, HR, 2 RBI. One of the nice stories that I've been watching this season as been Ben Copeland who was signed as a FA for purely OF depth. However, he's performed rather nicely, to many fans surprise.
- TJ McFarland - SP, Akron: (W, 7-4) 8 IP, 7 H, 2 ER/R, 7 K. It seems that many of us forget about McFarland when talking about our pitching depth and he gives us one more reason not to forget about him.
- Carlos Moncrief - RF, Lake County: 3-4, 5 R, 2 HR, 4 RBI, 3 BB, K, SB. A career night for Moncrief, who has somewhat struggled this season.
- Jordan Casas - CF, Lake County: 2-4, 2 R, 2 RBI, 2 BB, SB. I continue to be impressed with the way Casas has swung the bat this year.
- Alex Monsalve - C, Lake County: 4-6, R, 2 RBI, SB. Another hot bat of late has bee Alex Monsalve, who is hitting .425 in his past ten games.
- Kirk Wetmore - SP, Lake County: 3.1 IP, 6 H, 8 ER/9 R, 6 BB, 3 K. This isn't the kind of outing you'd like to see from a guy who started the year completely dominating hitters. He showed no control and when he did, opposing hitters were taking full advantage of him.
- Kyle Petter - RP, Lake County: (W, 2-2) IP, H, 2 K. Since being called up from Mahoning Valley, Petter has faired equally as well.
- Tony Wolters - SS, Mahoning Valley: 2-3, 3 R, RBI, SB. Three straight two hit performances from Wolters.
- Jordan Smith - DH, Mahoning Valley: 3-5, R, 2B, 3 RBI. Smith just continues to rake in hits night in and night out. He's been a great addition to the Scrappers' lineup since being signed.
- Jake Lowery - C, Mahoning Valley: 3-4, 2 R, 2B, 6 RBI, BB. In a bit of a funk lately, Lowery definitely busted out of it with a career night, driving in 6.
No comments currently. Be the first to comment!