Around the Farm: July 28
Chun Chen, DH-Kinston: 2-3, 2 2B, 2 RBI, 2 BB, 2 R
Casey Frawley, SS-Lake County: 2-4, 2 HR (8), 5 RBI, 2 BB, 4 R, 2 K
Frawley had a monster day, including a 9th inning HR of a rehabbing Joel Zumaya. Frawley has been hot lately, putting up a .300/2/11 line over his past 10 games. He and Adam Abraham hit back-to-back HR's last night in the 2nd inning off of West Michigan starter Luis Angel Sanz.
- Jeanmar Gomez, SP-Columbus: W, 7 IP, 7 H, 3 R (2 ER), 4 K, 1 BB. Back to back solid starts for Gomez, and three in a row if you count his spot start in Cleveland. Still not missing a ton of bats with 78 Ks in 116 IP.
- Cord Phelps, 2B-Columbus: 3-3, HR (4), RBI, BB, 3 R, SB. Up to .365 in Columbus as breakout year continues.
- Lou Marson, C-Columbus: 2-3, 2B, 2 RBI, BB, R. "Tofu" Lou is flirting with the Mendoza Line...he's still a few points south at .193.
- Josh Rodriguez, LF-Columbus: 1-3, 2B, 2 RBI, 2 BB, R, K. Rodriguez has a higher OPS (.893) in Columbus than he did in Akron.
- Michael Brantley, CF-Columbus: 1-3, 2 BB. He can get on base in Columbus, why can't he in Cleveland?
- Joe Mahalic, SP-Kinston: 6 IP, 4 H, 5 ER, 4 K, 3 BB. Three of the four hits given up by Mahalic were doubles.
- Kyle Bellows, 3B-Kinston: 2-4, HR (8), 2B, 3 RBI, R. Snapping out of a mini-slump, Bellows is 6-12 in his last three games with 3 of those hits going for extra bases.
- Clayon Cook, SP-Lake County: 4 2/3 IP, 4 H, 2 R (1 ER), 1 K, 1 BB. 2nd solid start in a row for Cook, ERA stands at 3.59 for the season.
- Adam Abraham, 3B-Lake County: 3-5, HR (9), 2B, 5 RBI, BB, 3 R, K. Lake County's 3/4 hitters combined for 3 HR and 10 RBI last night in a wild 16-14 loss.
- Felix Sterling, SP-AZL Indians: W, 5 IP, 2 H, 2 ER, 5 K, 4 BB. 18-year old out of the Dominican has 38 K's in just 28 IP; already 6'3, 200lbs and still has room to grow.
- Juan Aponte, C-AZL Indians: 3-4, 2B, RBI, R. Aponte is hitting .353 for the AZL Indians, but just 2 BB.
- Juan Romero, 3B-AZL Indians: 2-4, HR (3), 3B, 2 RBI, R. Romero is hitting just .203, but is showing some power; 6 of 14 hits have been for extra bases.
- Oswell Munoz, SP-DSL Indians: 5 IP, 2 H, 2 ER, 4 K, 4 BB. Actually a bad start for Munoz, who has an ERA of 1.91 after yesterday's outing. It was the 1st time in his last 8 starts that he's given up more than one ER.
- Erik Gonzalez, 3B-DSL Indians: 3-4, 2 2B, R, K. Gonzalez is hitting .372 with 7 SB so far in the DSL.