Around the Farm: July 29
Alex White-RP, Columbus: 5 1/3 IP, 7 H, 5 R (1 ER), 8 K, 2 BB.
- David Huff-SP, Columbus: W, 7 IP, 9 H, 5 ER, 6 K, BB. Not exactly a dominating line, as 3 of the hits Huff gave up were home runs.
- Michael Brantley-OF, Columbus: 2-3, HR (4), RBI, 2 BB, 3 R, 2 SB. Power, patience, speed...now lets see it in Cleveland as well.
- Josh Rodriguez-SS, Columbus: 3-5, 2 HR (10), 3 RBI, 3 R, K. The versatile Rodriguez continues to fill the stat sheet, this time while playing SS.
- Cord Phelps-2B, Columbus: 0-5, K. A rare O-fer for Cord.
- Lou Marson-C, Columbus: 2-4, HR (3), 2 RBI, R. Lou Marson is over the Mendoza Line! Big day for the catcher, showing some rare pop in addition to his OBP skills.
- Nick Hagadone-RP, Akron: 1 2/3 IP, H, 2 BB. Two walks and no K's make Nick a dull boy.
- Lonnie Chisenhall-3B, Akron: 3-4, 3B, 3 RBI. Big day for the Chizz as he now has a 4-game mini hitting streak going. Average up to .277 on the season.
- Jason Kipnis-2B, Akron: 1-4, 3B, 2 RBI, BB, R, K. Also turned a 4-3 doubleplay. Average at .323 for Akron.
- T.J. House-SP, Kinston: W, 6 IP, 2 H, 4 K, 2 BB. Has allowed 1 ER and struck out 9 in his last two starts (12 IP).
- Cory Burns-RP, Kinston: S, IP, 3 K, BB. The Kinston closer struck out the side for his 18th save. Righthander with a deceptive, almost Hideo Nomo-like delivery has 62 K's in 40 IP between Lake County and Kinston this year.
- Matt Packer-SP, Lake County: 7 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 7 K. Packer's ERA 1.60 for the season, and 1.14 over his last 10 starts. Given up more than 1 ER just once in his last 10 starts.
- Casey Frawley-SS, Lake County: 0-3, 3 BB, R, K. West Michigan afraid to pitch to Frawley after the prior day's 2 HR.