Around the Farm: June 15
Follow Tony and the Indians Prospect Insider on Twitter @TonyIPI. Also, his latest book the 2011 Cleveland Indians Top 100 Prospects & More is available for purchase for $20.95 to customers in the US (shipping and handling extra).
Around the Farm takes a quick look at some of yesterday's performances by Indians prospects throughout the system. The positions listed below are where the player was playing in yesterday's game.
Joe Gardner - SP, Akron: 8 IP, 6 H, BB, 3 K. (W, 4-5) Gardner finally bounced back from two straight ugly outings where he pitched a combined 7.2 innings, allowing 15 hits, 8 ER/13 R, walking 5 and only striking out 2. Between those two starts, he averaged only pitching 3.2 innings, allowing 8 hits, 4 ER/7 R, walking 3, and striking out 1. (Note: .5 on stats were rounded up.) While Gardner still didn't dominate his opponent, it was a quality outing that was much needed. His strikeout-to-walk ratio this year is alarming: 24 BB/28 K. Opposing hitters have a .286 against him and have hit him around for 53 hits in 48.1 innings. He's been somewhat of a disappointment this season.
- Tim Fedroff - LF, Akron: 2-4, R. Fedroff continues to hit and continue his push for a call up to Columbus.
- Jason Donald - DH, Akron: 1-3, BB. In a somewhat surprising move, Donald was assigned to Akron, rather than Columbus, and with a crowded infield in Columbus, Donald has something to prove in Akron.
- Cory Burns - CP, Akron: IP, H, K. (S, 17) The dominance of Cory Burns continues!
- Adam Abraham - 3B, Kinston: 2-4, 2 R, 2 HR, 2 RBI, K. Three homeruns and four RBI in his past two games has ignited the sleeping K-Tribe bats.
- Anthony Gallas - DH, Kinston: 1-3, RBI, BB, K. The well deserved promotion has had no effect on Gallas and his hot bat.
- Marty Popham - SP, Kinston: 7 IP, H, ER/R, 6 K, HR. (W, 1-0) One of Popham's best appearances as a pro, aside from his starts in Mahoning Valley. He was brilliant against the hitters of the New York-Penn League.
- Jesus Aguilar - 1B, Lake County: 2-4, R, HR, 2 RBI, 2 K. Aguilar continues to flex his muscles and power and may give Nick Weglarz a run for his money.
- Alex Lavisky - DH, Lake County: 3-4, 2 R, 2B, HR, 2 RBI. The most amazing stat? No strike out. Kudos, Alex!
- LeVon Washington - CF, Lake County: 3-5, R, HR, 3 RBI. An impressive offensive explosion from Washington, whose homer was a legit bomb.
No comments currently. Be the first to comment!