Around the Farm: June 16
Around the Farm takes a quick look at some of yesterday's performances by Indians prospects throughout the system. The positions listed below are where the player was playing in yesterday's game.
Jason Kipnis - 2B, Columbus: 3-4, 2 R, 2B, HR, 2 RBI, K. Man, has Kipnis been on fire of late! In his past ten games, he's hitting .400 (16-40), with 2 2B, 3 3B, and 3 HR. He's also scored 12 runs during that span. Even more amazing, his stats in his past ten games include a .444 OBP/.825 SLG/1.269 OPS. To say that his bat is major league ready is an understatement. It's more than ready. He's raised his batting average to .304 on the season as well.
- Ezequiel Carrera - CF, Columbus: 3-5, 2 R, 2B, 2 RBI, K, SB. We'll see Carrera back in Cleveland before season's end, no doubt about it.
- Zach McAllister - SP, Columbus: 4 IP, 2 H, BB, 3 K. Rain cut short McAllister's outing, as well as the Clippers game. Nevertheless, McAllister turned in four solid outings.
- Tim Fedroff - CF, Akron: 1-3, 2B, BB. The hit machine continues to contribute. The only thing holding him back is the lack of extra base hits.
- Beau Mills - 1B, Akron: 2-4, R, HR, RBI, 2 K. Mills has stepped out of the gate running and hasn't looked back since being activated.
- Travis Hafner - DH, Akron: 2-4, R, 2B, K. Looking to be activated in Cleveland soon, Hafner hasn't disappointed, going 3-6 so far in Akron.
- Nick Weglarz - LF, Akron: 2-4, 2 R, 2 HR, 4 RBI. The power has finally come out for Weglarz. This is the exact power we need in a bat in Cleveland.
- Matt Packer - SP, Akron: 4.2 IP, 10 H, 6 ER/7R, 5 K. (L, 2-7) Packer hasn't been the same breakout star that he was a year ago and is one of the most disappointing prospects this season.
- Eric Berger - RP, Akron: 2.1 IP, H, 5 K. He really stopped the bleeding for the Aeros after a poor showing from Packer.
- Abner Abreu - RF, Kinston: 1-4, 2B, BB, K. The MIA bat has finally made an appearance in Abreu's hands.
- Drew Pomeranz - SP, Kinston: 7 IP, 5 H, ER/R, BB, 7 K. Pomeranz continues to dominate the Carolina League and should be promoted to Akron shortly. Currently, his ERA sits at 1.93. Not too shabby for his first professional season.
- Preston Guilmet - CP, Kinston: IP, 2 K. (S, 16) Guilmet has become a consistent force in the K-Tribe 'pen, who may start earning a Cory Burns reputation.
- LeVon Washington - CF, Lake County: 1-4, R, 2B. Continuing to work through his struggles, Washington is slowly working out of his funk.
- Mike Rayl - SP, Lake County: 3.2 IP, 2 H, o ER/1 R, 8K. Rayl has been absolutely dominant this season and this appearance was no different.
No comments currently. Be the first to comment!