Around the Farm: June 26
Around the Farm takes a quick look at some of yesterday's performances by Indians prospects throughout the system. The positions listed below are where the player was playing in yesterday's game.
Alex Monsalve-C, Lake County: 2-for-6, 3 R, 2B, HR, 2 RBI, BB, K: Monsalve has knocked in a run in six of his last seven games. He has 13 hits in that span as well. The runs couldn't have come at a better time for Monsalve and the Captains though, as he hit a two-run bomb in the top of the 13th inning against Fort Wayne on Sunday. With nobody out and Carlos Moncrief on first, Monsalve blasted his third of the year and started what would ultimately be a four-run inning that sealed the deal for Lake County.
- Jason Kipnis-2B, Columbus: 2-for-4, R, BB, K: Jason Kipnis had just five hits in his past nine games, but he also had eight walks. Nice to see his bat re-ignite.
- Lonnie Chisenhall-3B, Columbus: 2-for-4, R, RBI, BB, K: Chisenhall continues to sandwich his 0-fors with multi-hit games. His third in five games since returning from the DL.
- Jerad Head-LF, Columbus: 2-for-5, R, 2B, HR, 4 RBI, 2 K: Jerad Head now shares the team lead in home runs at 10 with Luis Valbuena. You have read that correctly.
- Zach McAllister-SP, Columbus: 6 IP, 8 H, 3 R, BB, 3 K: You can't blame McAllister for this loss, as once again he turns in a quality start. And he left with a 5-3 lead.
- Nick Hagadone-RP, Columbus: 2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, K: You also can't blame Hagadone for the loss, as he turned in two scoreless innings in his latest effort for the Clippers.
- Josh Judy-CL, Columbus: 1 IP, 3 H, 5 R (0 ER), BB, 2 K: And although he blew the save, you probably can't blame Josh Judy. In what will go down as one of the strangest one inning pitching lines, Judy gave up five unearned runs after retiring the first two hitters of the inning. Two hits, a walk, and a error later and the stage was set for Chris Carter to hit a grand slam.
- Tim Fedroff-LF, Akron: 2-for-5, 2 R, RBI, K: Mr. Hits hadn't collected two hits in a game since June 19th. For some that's normal. For Fedroff in 2011, that''s a long time.
- Matt McBride-C, Akron: 3-for-5, 2B, 2 RBI: Playing at his old position of catcher, Matt McBride had a three-hit, two-RBI game for the second time this week.
- Kyle Bellows-3B, Akron: 3-for-4, 3 R, 2 2B, RBI: Five hits in his last eight at-bats, maybe Bellows is starting to pull himself out of his early season woes. He still sits right under .200 in average.
- Donnie Webb-RF, Akron: 2-for-3, R, 2B, 2 RBI, BB: His first hits back with the Aeros since June 2nd, he knocked in his 10th and 11th runs on the year.
- Joe Gardner-SP, Akron: W (5-5), 7 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 BB, 6 K: Let's hope that Joe Gardner has turned his year around Two good starts in his last three games, and although he gave up four earned in his last start, he has walked just four hitters in his last 20 innings.
- Casey Frawley-SS, Kinston: 1-for-2, R, RBI: With his 41st RBI on Sunday, Frawley now has the team lead all to himself.
- Abner Abreu-RF, Kinston: 2-for-3, R, 3B, 2 RBI, BB: Struggling Abner Abreu had just two hits in his last 22 at-bats until he was 2-for-3 yesterday against Potomac. The triple was his second of the season.
- T.J. House-SP, Kinston: 4.1 IP, 2 H, 4 R (3 ER), 4 BB, 6 K: House loses his streak of games going at least five complete innings. His scoreless streak also came to an end.
- Kyle Landis-RP, Kinston: W (3-0), 2.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, BB, 2 K: Kyle Landis might be ready to go back to Akron. He's given up just four hits and two walks in nearly 15 innings. Aside from two runs on the 17th, Landis has been spotless.
- Rob Bryson-RP, Kinston: S (1), 2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K: Another two scoreless for Rob Bryson and another two strikeout game. He should be close to returning to Akron.
- LeVon Washington-CF, Lake County: 2-for-8, R, 2B, 3B, 2 K: The outfielder had his "swagger" going on Sunday with a double and his first career triple.
- Jesus Aguilar-1B, Lake County: 2-for-6, 2 R, 2B, HR, 3 RBI, K: Number 13 on the year for Aguilar. He certainly can hit the long ball.
- Argenis Martinez-3B, 3-for-5, 4 R: Coming in as a sub for third baseman Gio Urshela, Martinez scored all four times he reached base.
- Kyle Blair-SP, Lake County: 1.2 IP, 3 H, 4 R, 4 BB, 1 K: Kyle Blair with his third straight early exit, this his shortest out his most recent streak. At least he isn't getting shelled, but Blair has now walked four hitters in three straight games. He has 35 walks on the season and averages just four innings per start.
- Bryce Stowell-RP, Lake County: 2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, BB, 3 K: Another scoreless pair of innings for Bryce Stowell on his rehab trail. After two innings earlier this week in Mahoning Valley, Stowell returned to Lake County and actually put people on base this time. He struck out three more.
- Dale Dickerson-RP, Lake County: W (1-1), 3 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K: In 34 innings this year, Dale Dickerson has walked just eight hitters. He has not walked a single batter in the month of June and on Sunday picked up his third career win and first of 2011 with two scoreless innings.
- Jake Lowery-DH, Mahoning Valley: 2-for-5, R, 2B, RBI, K: What a week this kid has had, huh? Catcher Jake Lowery capped off a great week with two more hits and his fourth double of the season. He has six extra-base hits and nine RBI in his 10 pro games.
- Jordan Smith-RF, Mahoning Valley: 3-for-4, R, RBI: Speaking of great weeks, Jordan Smith has started his career off with a five game hit-streak. He has eight hits during that span and after Sunday, three runs scored and four batted in.
- Todd Hankins-2B, Mahoning Valley: 1-for-4, R, 3 RBI, SB: It hasn't been as easy for second baseman Todd Hankins, who collected his first, second, and third runs batted in against State College.
- Mason Radeke-SP, Mahoning Valley: W (1-0), 5 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 2 BB, 4 K: Welcome to professional baseball Mason Radeke. The 2011 draft pick out of Cal Poly won his first start as a pro.
- Danny Jimenez-RP, Mahoning Valley: 2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 0 K: Reliever Danny Jimenez has given the Scrappers some great length in the early going.
No comments currently. Be the first to comment!