Around the Farm: May 22
Around the Farm takes a quick look at some of yesterday's performances by Indians prospects throughout the system. The positions listed below are where the player was playing in yesterday's game.
Luis Valbuena-DH, Columbus: 2-4, 3 RBI, BB, K
Others produced, but Valbuena knocked in the most runs in Columbus' win. Valbuena knocked in and collected his first hit since returning from his very brief stay in Cleveland. Valbuena has now knocked in 24 runs this season for the Clippers.
Mike Rayl-SP, Lake County: 6 IP, 3 H, 0 R, BB, 5 K
Rayl continues to have an incredible start to his season with six more scoreless frames to lower his ERA to 1.96. In eight starts this season for the Captains, Rayl has not given up more than four two runs in all but one game. He's pitched in four games where he;s gone at least five innings and not given up a run. His effort on Sunday was his third quality start of the season and he has walked just 10 hitters compared to 44 strikeouts.
- Cord Phelps-SS, Columbus: 2-5, R RBI, 3 K: Even though he struck out three times, Phelps was still productive, knocking in and scoring a run.
- Lonnie Chisenhall-3B, Columbus: 2-5, 2 R, HR, RBI: Lonnie Chisenhall hit is fourth home run on the year. Chisenhall has been really spread in his production out this year. Would be nice to see him hit a hot streak.
- Jerad Head-CF, Columbus: 2-4, 2 R, 2B, HR, RBI: Head blasted his sixth homer of the season in the second inning. He also scored an additional run and doubled.
- Nick Hagadone-RP, Columbus: 1 IP, W (1), 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K: A scoreless tenth inning opened up the opportunity for Columbus to win it in the bottom of the inning. It earned Hagadone his first Columbus win.
- Tim Fedroff-LF, Akron: 1-4, R: The Tim Fedroff hit streak is now up to 16 games.
- Juan Diaz-SS, Akron: 2-4, R, K: Diaz with another good game at the dish.Diaz is a bit in consistent with hits in six of his bast of 10 games. But five of them are multi-hit games.
- Matt McBride-RF, Akron: 2-4, R, HR, RBI: McBride did his best to keep the Aeros from losing, as he hit a game-tying solo home run in the top of the ninth. However the Aeros would give the lead and the game right back in the bottom half of the frame.
- Beau Mills-1B, Akron: 2-3, 3 RBI: Big Bad Beau Mills is making up for some lost time with a three-RBI game. Mills had a sac fly in addition to two hits.
- Matt Packer-SP, Akron: 6 IP, 6 H, 2 R, BB, 5 K: Aside from two runs, one being a solo home run, Matt Packer did his part. The left-hander has been solidly consistent and coming off his first win, is still searching for some run support.
- Casey Frawley-SS, Kinston: 1-5, HR, 3 RBI, 3 K: For the second straight game, Frawley hit a home run, but this one was big. In the top of the ninth, down 5-3, Frawley hit a three-run blast. He struck out three times, but the bad game was turned around with one swing.
- Justin Toole-2B, Kinston: 3-4, R, 2 2B: The hit machine that is Justin Toole was at it again. Three hits for Toole, his first multi-hit game since May 14th.
- Delvi Cid-LF, Kinston: 1-4, HR, 2 RBI, K: Since returning, Delvi Cid had not knocked in a run had collected just two hits. On Sunday, Cid released some of that frustration with a two-run home run.
- TJ House-SP, Kinston: 6 IP, 6 H, 5 R, BB, 3 K: House has been going deeper into games lately, but against Frederick, he did give up the most runs he has all season. He good news is after walking four hitters in the past three games, House walked just one.
- Chris Jones-RP, Kinston: 2 IP, W (1), 0 R, BB, K: The reason Frawley was even in position to knock in the three-run shot was Jones' two brilliant innings of scoreless relief. For his efforts, Jones got his first win of the season.
- Tyler Sturdevant-RP, Kinston: 1.1 IP, L (2), 4 H, 3 R, 0 BB, 2 K: Sturdevant not only gave up Brach's lead, he ended up losing it in walk-off fashion in the ninth when he served up a two-run blast to Tyler Kolodny.
- Argenis Martinez-2B, Lake County: 1-3, RBI, BB, 2 K: Martinez knocked in one of the two runs the Captains would score on the night.
No comments currently. Be the first to comment!