Around the Farm: November 1
Here is the rundown of what Indians players in fall and winter ball did yesterday.
Arizona Fall League
- Carlos Moncrief (LF): 0-for-3, R, 2 BB, 1 K. A surprise to see Moncrief in the AFL considering he has had quite a busy year playing a full season, an entire month in Instructional League, and now this. Jesus Aguilar has left Arizona for Venezuela and Tim Fedroff has a minor injury, so opportunity knocks for Moncrief.
- Chad Huffman (1B): 2-for-5, 2B, RBI, K. Huffman is off to a very slow start in the AFL hitting just .188/.304/.271 in 12 games. The batting average is not the biggest concern, it is actually the lack of power (small sample size be damned).
- Roberto Perez (C): 1-for-5, K. Perez has one of the more interesting stat lines you will see through 10 games in the AFL. He is hitting a paltry .206 (7-for-34), but thanks to 9 walks has a nice .364 on-base percentage and with 3 homers has a good .500 slugging percentage.
Dominican Winter League
- Jerad Head (RF, Tigres del Licey): 0-for-4, 2 K. Head is having an okay showing with the batting average (.275) and production (2 HR, 7 RBI), but the biggest area of improvement needed is his plate discipline and 13 strikeouts in 51 at bats shows that so far not much has changed.
Venezuelan Winter League
Follow Tony and the Indians Prospect Insider on Twitter @TonyIPI. Also, his latest book the 2011 Cleveland Indians Top 100 Prospects & More is available for purchase for $20.95 to customers in the US (shipping and handling extra).
- Rob Bryson (RP, Bravos de Margarita): 0.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K. Bryson faced just two batters and get them both out. In 5 appearances this fall he has a nice 1.80 ERA, but has allowed 9 baserunners and 2 home runs in 5.0 innings.
- Ezequiel Carrera (CF, Navegantes del Magallanes): 2-for-5, 2 R, HR, RBI. Carrera has only been playing for a week but is off to a hot start hitting .368 in 5 games and he hit his first homer last night.
- Luis Valbuena (2B, Cardenales de Lara): 2-for-3, R, 2 RBI, BB, K. Valbuena had his first good game in a week and got out of a 5-for-28 slump his last 8 games.
No comments currently. Be the first to comment!