Around the Farm: November 10
- Chen Lee - RP, Peoria Javelinas: 0.0 IP, 0 H, 2 R (1 ER), 2 BB, 0 K. This was Lee's first action since October 28th because of a minor muscle strain in his leg. It looks like he was rusty or the injury was still bothering him as he threw to just two batters walking them both (11 pitches, 1 strike).
- Cord Phelps - 3B, Peoria Javelinas: 2-for-5, 2 R, 2B, 2 RBI. Another productive day for Phelps at the top of the lineup. It was his third straight multi-hit game and he extended his hitting streak to 8 games. He has only played in 14 games but has made the most of it with a .472 on-base%.
- Jason Kipnis - 2B, Peoria Javelinas: 2-for-4, 2B, 2 RBI. Kipnis is showing signs of turning things around at the plate with three multi-hit games in his last 4 games. Even though he is hitting just .217 he amazingly has an .810 OPS because of a high extra base hit rate.
- Adam Abraham - DH, Peoria Javelinas: 1-for-4, R. The taxi squad was active on Wednesday, so Abraham got some swings in. When he has played it has largely been just at DH. The only real catching he has done is in the bullpen warming up pitchers.
- Travis Turek - RP, Peoria Javelinas: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R/ER, 0 BB, 0 K. Limited opportunities for Turek as a taxi squad player. He has now made 5 appearances and allowed 6 hits, 5 runs, 2 walks, and has 2 strikeouts in 5.1 innings.
- Matt McBride - LF, Gigantes del Cibao: 0-for-4. McBride takes the collar, ending his modest 7-game hitting streak in the process. Still hitting a very healthy .309/.406/.582 in 15 games out in the Dominican Republic.
- Lucas Montero - PH, Gigantes del Cibao: 0-for-1, K. Pinch hit appearance for Montero, and looks to be back in part-time role as a pinch hitter the last two games after he had started four games in five days from November 4-8.
- Luke Carlin - C, Aguilas Cibaenas: 0-for-3, BB, K. Carlin's winter season of hell continues as he is now just 1-for-23 at the plate with 8 walks and 7 strikeouts.
- Josh Judy - RP, Aguilas Cibaenas: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K. Judy escaped a jam without allowing a run. In 8 appearances covering 7.1 innings he has allowed 2 earned runs, 9 hits, no walks, and has 5 strikeouts.
- Jerad Head - 1B-3B, Gigantes de Carolina: 0-for-3, R. Head is 28-years old and not much of a prospect, but don't tell him that as he had a nice season this year (.299/.357/.550) and so far this offseason has done well in Puerto Rico (.260/.377/.460).
- Luis Valbuena - 2B, Cardenales de Lara: 1-for-5, R, HR, RBI, 2 K. A home run is nice to see, but Valbuena was still only able to reach base one time in five trips out of the leadoff position in the lineup. Still hitting just .183/.310/.254.
- Ezequiel Carrera - CF, Navegantes del Magallanes: 1-for-5. Carrera has hit a dry patch of late as he is hitting just .158 (6-for-38) in his last 10 games.
No comments currently. Be the first to comment!