Around the Farm: November 17
Here is the rundown of what Indians players in fall and winter ball did yesterday.
Arizona Fall League
- Roberto Perez (C): 0-for-3. Not the best way to finish a solid AFL showing for Perez, but he still played well this fall as he hit only .226 but had a .382 OBP and .472 SLG.
- Carlos Moncrief (RF): 0-for-3. The numbers were not there for Moncrief in 8 games in the AFL as he hit .174 with a .584 OPS, but he was thrown into a tough situation against more experienced players and actually had a very good season overall.
- Tyler Sturdevant (RP): 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K. Sturdevant finished off his AFL season with his best outing. He is most definitely on the Indians’ big league radar next season as a bullpen option later in the year. I have also heard unconfirmed reports that he was able to hit triple digits during his time out in Arizona.
Venezuelan Winter League
- Ezequiel Carrera (CF, Navegantes del Magallanes): 0-for-4, R, BB, K. Carrera’s struggles and slide continue as he went hitless in four at bats. In his last 6 games he is now just 4-for-25 (.160).
- Luis Valbuena (2B, Cardenales de Lara): 1-for-2, R, BB. Valbuena continues to be the everyday Lara second baseman. In 30 games he has been okay as he has a .242/.370/.384 line, but he really needed to play better than this and has been saved by a high walk rate.
No comments currently. Be the first to comment!