Around the Farm: November 17
- Josh Judy - RP, Aguilas Cibaenas: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K. From what I am hearing, this was likely Judy's last appearance in the Dominican Republic as the Indians planned to have him come home at this time. Supposedly his Aguilas team has contacted the Indians to see if he can stay longer, but with 40-man roster decisions coming tomorrow I would be suprised if the Indians let a pitcher they probably will add stick around and continue to pitch in winter ball.
- Jason Kipnis - 2B, Peoria Javelinas: 2-for-5, R, 2B. Make that six straight multi-hit games and seven of the last eight for Kipnis. Over his six-game tear he is 14-for-26, which has raised his average from .173 to .295. He has also had an extra base hit in six straight games and in 12 of 19 games played.
- Adam Abraham - DH, Peoria Javelinas: 0-for-3, BB, K. Very likely Abraham's last appearance in a game in the AFL as while the tax-squad should be active in the playoff game on Saturday, the team will go with their priority players for that final game.
- Roberto Perez - C, Peoria Javelinas: 0-for-4. Probably the last action Perez will get in the AFL with just one game left on Thursday and the playoff game on Saturday. He was held hitless for the 7th time in 11 games.
- Travis Turek - RP, Peoria Javelinas: 1.2 IP, 3 H, 1 R/ER, 1 BB, 0 K, 1 HR. Along the same lines as Abraham, this was likely Turek's last appearance in an AFL game. He did a solid job and held his own in limited action, and actually did better than I expected him to considering he had not pitched above the Single-A level yet and was facing a lot of major league caliber talent.
- Eric Berger - RP, Peoria Javelinas: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 0 K. Another good outing from Berger. You have to like that hitters are only batting .171 against him and he has more strikeouts (12) than innings pitched (11.0). The one concern is still the command (8 walks).
- Matt McBride - RF-LF, Gigantes del Cibao: 0-for-4. Quiet night from McBride as he put four balls in play, but all went for outs. Still hitting .306/.379/.624 in 22 games.
- Jose Constanza - CF, Toros del Este: 3-for-4, 2 R, 3B. Constanza's second game back from looks like some sort of injury that forced him to miss a week and a half of action, though he looks back to his old self as a firestarter at the top of the lineup.
- Jerad Head - 1B-LF, Gigantes de Carolina: 2-for-5, RBI. A solid night for Head. After a hot 7 game start where he was hitting .321/.424/.536, his performance has leveled off to a still solid .270/.382/.446 through 20 games.