Around the Farm: November 2
Here is the rundown of what Indians players in fall and winter ball did yesterday.
Arizona Fall League
- Chad Huffman (1B): 3-for-4, R, 2B, HR, 5 RBI, BB, K. Huffman’s grand slam in the 8th inning gave his team the lead and was his first homer this fall. This was clearly his best performance in 13 games in the AFL, and much needed as he is still hitting .231/.344/.385.
- Tyler Sturdevant (RP): 1.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R/ER, 0 BB, 1 K, 0 HR. A forgettable outing for Sturdevant who allowed 2 extra base hits in his one inning of work.
- Cory Burns (RP): 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 K. Burns continues to pitch well this fall, and aside from a two-game stretch where he blew up and allowed 9 hits and 6 runs in 2.0 innings, he has allowed just 7 hits and 1 run in his other 9.0 innings covering 7 outings.
Dominican Winter League
- Kelvin De La Cruz (RP, Aguilas Cibaenas): 0.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 0 K. The fall of De La Cruz continues. His usage has been limited to 1-2 batters an outing this fall and he is still having issues throwing strikes with 4 walks in 1.2 innings pitched. He has amazingly made 6 appearances and pitched just 1.2 innings.
- Jerad Head (RF, Tigres del Licey): 1-for-3, R, 2B, 2 RBI. Head is a free agent and free to sign with any team. It is possible he returns to the Indians, but appears remote.
- Juan Diaz (SS, Estrelles de Oriente): 0-for-1, BB. Diaz came into the game late as a substitution and has not played much of late, though when you are hitting .115 you won’t get much playing time.
Venezuelan Winter League
- Luis Valbuena (2B, Cardenales de Lara): 0-for-3, BB, 2 K. After a good start to his fall campaign, Valbuena has scuffled in his last ten games hitting .206/.341/.353.
- Ezequiel Carrera (CF, Navegantes del Magallanes): 1-for-5, R. Carrera is hitting .333 so far in his first 6 games this fall, but of more interest is how productive he has been so far with 3 extra base hits, 4 RBI, 7 runs scores, and 2 stolen bases.
- Hector Rondon (RP, Leones del Caracas): 1.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K. Rondon has probably been the story of the Indians offseason so far as he pitched well in Instructional League and has continued to pitch well in Venezuela. In 6.2 innings he has allowed 4 hits and has 5 strikeouts. The 5 walks are a concern, but expected coming off Tommy John.
No comments currently. Be the first to comment!