Around the Farm (ATF) takes a quick look at some of the daily performances by Indians prospects. This is a special winter ball version of ATF that recaps all the offseason action by Indians players in the Caribbean Leagues. The positions listed below are where the player was playing in the game.
|Ezequiel Carrera|Here is the rundown of what Indians players in winter ball did yesterday.
Australian Baseball League
- Andrew Campbell (DH, Brisbane Bandits): 0-for-2. Campbell’s fourth game in the ABL and off to a slow start going just 1-for-10 at the plate so far. He has yet to see any action in the field.
Dominican Republic Winter League
- Jerad Head (LF, Tigres del Licey): 0-for-2, K. Head’s numbers continue to free fall as he is now hitting just .162/.179/.270 in his last 10 games. He is not expected to resign with the Indians, but someone will pick him up, perhaps even someone overseas.
Puerto Rico Winter League
- Giovanni Soto (RP, Gigantes de Carolina): 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 1 K. Soto continues his work out of the pen with his 6th outing in relief. He has been good so far allowing just 1 run in 6.0 innings (6 H, 3 BB, 5 K).
Venezuelan Winter League
Follow Tony and the Indians Prospect Insider on Twitter @TonyIPI. Also, his latest book the 2011 Cleveland Indians Top 100 Prospects & More is available for purchase for $20.95 to customers in the US (shipping and handling extra).
- Luis Valbuena (2B, Cardenales de Lara): 0-for-4, K. Valbuena’s performance has flatlined this fall. After hitting .282 with a .917 OPS in his first 12 games this fall he is hitting just .206 with a .604 OPS in 20 games since.
- Ezequiel Carrera (CF, Navegantes del Magallanes): 1-for-4, K. Carrera is another player who got off to a hot start this fall hitting .333 with a .951 OPS in his first 11 games, but has struggled of late hitting just .171 with a .465 OPS in his last 9 games.