Around the Farm: November 4, 2012
Around the Farm (ATF) takes a quick look at some of the daily performances by Indians prospects. This is a special fall and winter ball version of ATF that recaps all the offseason action by Indians players in the Arizona Fall League (AFL) and the Caribbean Leagues. The positions listed below are where the player was playing in the game.
Here is the rundown of what Indians players in fall and winter ball did yesterday.
Dominican Winter League
- Juan Diaz: SS, Estrellas de Oriente: 0-for-2: Diaz is only hitting .136 over his past ten games, and is 0-for-7 over his past three ballgames. He’s hitting only .154 over in the DWL this year.
- Tim Fedroff: LF, Aguilas Cibaenas: 1-for-4, 1 R, 1 RBI, 2 BB, 2 K: Fedroff upped his hit streak to five games, but is still only hitting .250, and still only has one extra-base hit. He’s just treading water for now, but he’ll likely take off before too long.
- Jose Ramirez: SS, Toros del Este: 1-for-3, 1 R, 1 BB: Ramirez now has hits in every game he’s had an at bat, and as scored four runs in his last three ballgames. This kid is good…and remains to be seen just how good he will be going forward.
- Yan Gomes: C, Toros del Este: 0-for-3: Gomes is 0-for-4 in his two games as an official member of the Cleveland Indians organization. He has played third and caught though, which may be a precursor to what we’ll see in 2013.
Venezuelan Winter League
- Gregorio Petit: PR/SS, Leones del Caracas: 2-for-3, 1 R, 2 2B, 1 BB, 1 K: Petit had a great game, but his multi-hit ballgame “raised” his average to .188. He’s only hitting .179 over his last ten games, and his two doubles were his first extra-base hits since his first game in the VWL this year.
- Hector Rondon: RP, Leones del Caracas: 1 IP, 1 BB: Rondon’s 7.36 ERA is a big one, and a bit misleading. He gave up four runs in his first appearance taking up only 1/3 inning. He’s only given up two earned runs since them, and has pitched in five straight shutout appearances.
Jim is currently the senior editor and Columnist, as well as the host of IBI's weekly online radio shows, Smoke Signals and Cleveland Sports Insiders. You can follow Jim on Twitter @Jim_IBI, or contact him via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.