Around the Farm: October 25
Here is the rundown of what Indians players in fall and winter ball did yesterday.
Arizona Fall League
- Chad Huffman (1B): 0-for-4, K. Huffman is now in an 0-for-11 stretch and is just 4-for-31 overall so far in 8 games this fall.
- Jesus Aguilar (DH): 1-for-4, R. Apparently Aguilar has not yet left the AFL for Venezuela. He has cooled off some of late but still has managed to put together a 9-game hitting streak.
Dominican Winter League
- Jerad Head (RF, Tigres del Licey): 1-for-2, 2 R, 2 BB. Head reached base in 3 of his 4 plate appearances. He now has 4 walks and 31 at bats, which is a much better ratio than in Columbus when he had 25 walks and 422 at bats.
- Juan Diaz (SS, Estrelles de Oriente): 0-for-2, BB, K. After getting his first two hits on Saturday, Diaz went back to his 0-fer outputs on Monday. He was pinch hit for late in the game, and considering he is hitting just .087 may (should) be in danger of losing his starting job.
Venezuelan Winter League
Follow Tony and the Indians Prospect Insider on Twitter @TonyIPI. Also, his latest book the 2011 Cleveland Indians Top 100 Prospects & More is available for purchase for $20.95 to customers in the US (shipping and handling extra).
- Luis Valbuena (2B, Cardenales de Lara): 2-for-3, 2 R, HR, 2 RBI, K. Valbuena with his first homer this offseason and he is still maintaining a .400+ on-base percentage. He was taken out in the bottom of the 5th inning when his team came out to play defense so he may have gotten hurt.
No comments currently. Be the first to comment!