Around the Farm: October 26
- Jesus Aguilar (1B): 0-for-3, RBI, 2 BB, K. Aguilar’s modest 9-game hitting streak came to an end, but he still reached base in 2 of his 5 plate appearances. He now has 10 walks in 16 games this fall, which is a good sign.
- Tyler Sturdevant (RP): 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 4 K. A near perfect outing for Sturdevant and much needed. He got out all 6 batters that he faced, with 4 of the outs coming via the strikeout.
- Cory Burns (RP): 2.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 4 K. Burns’ work the last two innings earned him the win as his Phoenix team scored one in the 10th inning to win it. This was by far his best outing of the fall and a real confidence builder after two poor outings his last time out (2.0 IP, 9 H, 6 R).
- Jerad Head (RF-LF, Tigres del Licey): 2-for-4, R, K. Head has hits in 9 of his 10 games this fall and has his batting average up over .300 at a very healthy .314.
- Juan Diaz (SS, Estrelles de Oriente): 0-for-0, BB. Diaz was a late game substitution and in his one plate appearance he walked. He and the starting shortstop actually combined to walk 4 times in 4 plate appearances in the game.
- Ezequiel Carrera (CF, Navegantes del Magallanes): 2-for-3, 2 R, 2B, RBI, 2 SB. A great debut for Carrera in first game of the fall. You can’t ask for much more out of a leadoff hitter than two hits, two runs and two stolen bases!
- Rob Bryson (RP, Bravos de Margarita): 1.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R/ER, 0 BB, 1 K, 1 HR. Just Bryson’s third outing this fall. He pitched on the 14th, 22nd, and now the 26th, so the appearances have been few and far between.