Around the Farm: October 29
Around the Farm (ATF) takes a quick look at some of the daily performances by Indians prospects. This is a special fall and winter ball version of ATF that recaps all the offseason action by Indians players in the Arizona Fall League (AFL) and the Caribbean Leagues. The positions listed below are where the player was playing in the game.
Here is the rundown of what Indians players in fall and winter ball did yesterday.
Arizona Fall League
- Chad Huffman (1B): 0-for-4, K. Huffman and his Phoenix teammates were frustrated all day as they were shut out and held to just one hit.
- Roberto Perez (C): 0-for-2, BB. The Desert Dogs had just three baserunners all game via 2 walks and a hit, and Perez had one of the walks.
- Tyler Sturdevant (RP): 1.0 IP, 3 H, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 K. Sturdevant allowed three hits but escaped in his one inning of work without allowing a run. He’s had a good showing so far in the AFL in 5 games (6.1 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 5 H).
- Cory Burns (RP): 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 2 K. Burns has a 6.30 ERA, but is the byproduct of a bad 2-game stretch where he allowed 6 earned runs in 2.0 innings. In his last 2 outings he has not allowed a run and has 6 strikeouts in 3.0 innings.
Dominican Winter League
- Jerad Head (RF, Tigres del Licey): 1-for-4, K. Head is getting a chance to play every day this fall and is hitting .310 in 12 games.
Venezuelan Winter League
- Ezequiel Carrera (CF, Navegantes del Magellanes): 2-for-5, 2 R, 2B, RBI, K. Carrera’s third game this fall and he continues to show his top of the order ability getting on base two times and scoring two times.
- Hector Rondon (RP, Leones del Caracas): 2.1 IP, 2 H, 1 R/ER, 1 BB, 2 K, 0 HR. Forget that he gave up a run. It’s great to see Rondon being stretched out to 2.1 innings and throwing 22 of his 33 pitches for strikes.
- Luis Valuena (2B, Cardenales de Lara): 0-for-4, K. Valbuena continues to be the everyday 2B for his team and has done okay this fall hitting .250/.357/.438.
No comments currently. Be the first to comment!