Around the Farm: October 29
- Scott Barnes - SP, Peoria Javelinas: 4.0 IP, 5 H, 3 R/ER, 1 BB, 5 K. Barnes was credited with the win, though he clearly was not as sharp as he was in his first three outings as he threw just 37 of his 68 pitches for strikes (54.4%).
- Eric Berger - RP, Peoria Javelinas: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 0 K. Berger has still yet to allow a run in 5 games, though is walking on the wild side with 5 walks and 4 hits in 5.0 innings. He also only threw 11 of 21 pitches for strikes (52.4%).
- Bryan Price- RP, Peoria Javelinas: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 K. A clean outing for Price, his first one that he did not yield a run in 5 appearances. He threw 6 of his 10 pitches for strikes (60.0%).
- Cord Phelps - 3B, Peoria Javelinas: 2-for-4, 3 R, 2B, BB, 2 K, E. Great game at the plate for Phelps as he got on base three times and scored all three times. He did have a fielding error, his fifth.
- Roberto Perez - C, Peoria Javelinas: 0-for-5, 2 K. Another rough day at the plate for Perez, but he continues to show promise behind it picking off a runner at first base.
- Matt McBride - LF, Gigantes del Cibao: 2-for-3, R, BB. McBride's best game at the plate so far in 7 games played in the Dominican Republic reaching base in three of his four at bats.
- Juan Diaz - SS, Gigantes del Cibao: 0-for-2, K. Got the start at shortstop for the second straight night, but was subbed for late in the game.
- Jerad Head - LF, Gigantes de Carolina: 2-for-5, 2 R, HR, 2 RBI, 2 K. Head crushed his first home run of the winter season in the 4th inning, a two-run shot with two outs.
- Juan Apodaca - DH, Aguilas del Zulia: 0-0. Late game substitution and did not record an official at bat.
- Jared Goedert - 1B, Leones del Caracas: 1-for-4, BB, 2 K. Goedert at first base again, and looks like is where he is going to play most of this winter. In 12 games is hitting .308/.460/.410. The batting average and on-base% are nice to see, but need to see more power.
- Ezequiel Carrera - CF, Navegantes del Magallanes: 0-for-5, 3 K. Rough night at plate breaks a string of 8 games where he was 14-for-31 at the plate (.452).
- Luis Valbuena - SS, Cardenales de Lara: 0-for-3, 2 K. That's now three straight games without a hit (0-for-9). Played first 10 games at second base, but has now played shortstop ever since.
No comments currently. Be the first to comment!