Around the Farm: Sept 1
Tyler Holt-OF, Lake County: 2-4, 3B, BB, R.
Holt has been everything that was advertised and more for Lake County this year. The 10th round pick out of Florida State signed quickly enough to get some meaningful at bats this season, and it has really paid off. The 21-year old is hitting .323/.421/.516 for the Captains, with 11 walks and 11 strikeouts. He has 3 SB, and has been caught 3 times as well. He's showing a good approach, and should be ready to start 2011 in the Kinston outfield.
- Corey Kluber-SP, Columbus: 6 IP, 4 H, ER, 4 K, 2 BB. Kluber's first start for AAA Columbus was a memorable one, as he pushed the Clippers closer still to locking down a playoff spot.
- Zach Putnam-RP, Columbus: IP. Three up, three down for Putnam, two via the groundout. That's now eight consecutive outings without allowing an earned run (12 1/3 IP).
- Josh Rodriguez-SS, Columbus: 4-4, 2B, 3B, 2 RBI, R. Rodriguez was responsible for three of the Clippers four runs yesterday, as he pretty much won the game by himself from the #9 spot in the batting order. Hits in 7 of his last 10, with a line of .412/.412/.647 over that span.
- Matt McBride-OF, Columbus: 1-3, HR (4), RBI, R. Cooled off considerably after a hot start for the Clippers, but still with a respectable .288/.312/.462 line in AAA overall.
- Cord Phelps-2B, Columbus: 2-4, 2 1B. Recently named to the Arizona Fall League, Phelps is closing the regular season strong and is 6 for his last 14.
- Rob Bryson-SP, Akron: L, 3 IP, H, 2 R (1 ER), 2 K. Bryson with the spot start in the bullpen by committee game yesterday, and pitched well. Now with 16 K in 16 1/3 AA innings, and 75 K in 49 2/3 overall innings across 3 levels this year. Still just 22 years old, expect this guy to play a big role in the bullpen for the Indians as soon as next season.
- Chen Lee-RP, Akron: 3 IP, H, ER, 4 K, BB. Another guy I'm excited to see in the Arizona Fall League, Lee's only blemish yesterday was a solo HR in the 5th.
- Lonnie Chisenhall-3B, Akron: 1-3, RBI, BB, R. Andrew Brackman, one of the top prospects in the Yankee organization, held the Aeros to 2 runs on 5 hits yesterday. Chiz managed one of those hits, and added a walk.
- T.J. McFarland-SP, Kinston: 6 IP, 2 H, 4 K, 3 BB. After a disastrous start where he gave up 5 ER in 2/3's of an inning, McFarland has responded with back-to-back solid outings where he hasn't given up a run.
- Cory Burns-RP, Kinston: S, IP, H. Save #27 for the K-Tribe, and 39 overall on the season.
- Bo Greenwell-OF, Kinston: 2-5, 2B, 2 RBI, R, K. Had been slowing down in August, but picking it up of late with 7 hits in his last 3 contests.
- Karexon Sanchez-2B, Kinston: 2-3, RBI, 2 R, BB. Sanchez showing excellent patience of late, with 7 BB and 5 K in his last 10 games and a triple-slash line of .314/.467/.429.
- Jeremie Tice-1B, Kinston: 2-5, RBI, K. Tice has identical .282 averages in both Kinston and Lake County this year, and has thrown up a 1.062 OPS for the K-Tribe over his last 10.
- Chun Chen-C, Kinston: 1-4, 2B, BB, K. Chun is on fire to end the season, with a 1.230 OPS over his last 10 games.
- Preston Gulimet-RP, Lake County: 3 IP, H, 7 K. Dominant outing in relief for Gulimet, with 7 K and just one baserunner in his three innings. On the season, the 23-year old is 4-1 with a 2.31 ERA and 77 K in 50 2/3 IP for the Captains.
- Casey Frawley-SS, Lake County: 2-4, HR (12), 3 RBI, R. After a slow July, Frawley had a solid August (.296/.358/.491) and looks like he's continuing his hot streak so far in September.
- Alex Kaminsky-SP, Mahoning Valley: 6 IP, 4 H, 6 K, BB. Now with 11 K in his last 11 IP, the NDFA is closing his first professional season strong.
- Jesus Aguilar-1B, Mahoning Valley: 4-5, 2B, 2 RBI, R, SB. Aguilar is 7-12 in his last 3 games, and the 20-year old is hitting .217 overall since coming up from the AZL.
No comments currently. Be the first to comment!