Around the Farm: September 10
Yohan Pino - RHP, Columbus: 7.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 6 K.
Wow, talk about stepping up your game in the playoffs. Pino put forth his strongest outing of the year, which is nice to see after an inconsistent season where he was up and down with performance and struggled with some nagging injuries. He threw 69% of his pitches for strikes, walked one batter, worked quickly, and just kept hitters off balance all night. A great performance and hopefully something to build on for his next start and for next season.
- Joe Constanza - OF, Columbus: 2-for-4, RBI, SB. His big two-out RBI hit in the 8th inning of a scoreless game was the difference in the game.
- Brett Carlin - C, Columbus: 1-for-3, R, 2B, 2 K. Started 8th inning rally with double and scored only run.
- Zach Putnam - RHP, Columbus: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K. Three hitters faced, three strikeouts. Can't be anymore dominating than that.
- Vinnie Pestano - RHP, Columbus: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K. Closed the door on pivotal win and sensational Clippers pitching performance on the night.
- Bo Greenwell - OF, Kinston: 2-for-5, R, 2 2B, RBI, 2 BB, K. Typical all-around night for Greenwell, hopefully these kind of nights continue into next season.
- Jeremie Tice - 1B, Kinston: 1-for-5, R, 2 RBI, BB, 3 K. Tough night with the K's, but came up with key hit in 8th inning rally.
- Chun Chen - DH, Kinston: 1-for-4, 3B, RBI, 2 BB, 3 K. Almost the hero on the night as his 2-out RBI triple in 8th put K-Tribe in lead.
- Joe Gardner - RHP, Kinston: 5.0 IP, 5 H, 4 R/ER, 4 BB, 3 K, HR. A poorly timed bad outing from arguably the best pitcher in the Carolina League this year.
- Cory Burns - RHP, Kinston: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R/ER, 0 BB, 1 K. Mr. Automatic fails to convert save, which proves costly as the loss ends the season.
- Chris Kersten - RF, Lake County: 2-for-3, 2 RBI. Two big RBI hits the key to Captains victory.
- Jason Smit - 1B, Lake County: 1-for-3, R, HR, RBI, 2 K. All of nothing night with home run or Ks.
- Jason Knapp - RHP, Lake County: 5.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 6 K. The kind of dominating start you expect from an "ace" and potential #1 pitching prospect.
- Preston Guilmet - RHP, Lake County: 2.2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K. Near-perfect night from Captains closer as he gets his second save of the postseason in as many chances.
Last, congrats to the K-Tribe on a good season, just too bad it had to come to a sudden end.