Around the Farm: September 16
Owen Dew-RP, Lake County: 6 IP, 3 H, ER, 3 K, 4 BB.
Its not often that a relief pitcher throws 6 innings in a playoff game, but that's exactly what Dew did last night for Lake County. The 21st round pick out of Central Florida stepped up and gave the Captains some badly-needed innings in the middle of the 18 inning marathon last night. He was uncharacteristically wild, walking as many batters last night as he did over his 16 innings for the Caps in the regular season, but he was effective nonetheless. Dew started 9 games for Mahoning Valley, so he was stretched out enough to throw 6 full innings and face 24 Clinton hitters.
- Johan Pino-SP, Columbus: 8 IP, 3 H, 2 R (1 ER), 2 K, BB. Pino has been outstanding in the postseason, posting a 0.60 ERA.
- Wes Hodges-1B, Columbus: 2-4, HR (3), 2 RBI, R, K. Hodges drove in both of the Clippers runs yesterday, and is now hitting .346 for the postseason.
- Jared Goedert-3B, Columbus: 2-3, BB. Goedert closing his 2010 on a high note, hitting .310 in the IL playoffs.
- Cord Phelps-2B, Columbus: 1-3, 2B, BB, R. Phelps just keeps hitting, and keeps hitting for extra bases. He slugged .506 in Columbus this year, after posting a .363 mark for Kinston in 2009.
- Jason Kipnis-DH, Columbus: 0-4, K. His first hitless AAA game.
- Jose Flores-RP, Lake County: 3 IP, H, BB, 6 K. Three dominating innings from Flores gave the Captains offense a chance to win it.
- Gio Soto-RP, Lake County 1 2/3 IP, H, R (0 ER), 4 K, 2 BB: The starter was called on to pitch the 17th and 18th innings yesterday, and gave up an unearned run with two outs in the bottom of the 18th.
- Delvi Cid-OF, Lake County: 2-8, HR, 2 RBI, K. Cid's 9th inning 2-run HR tied the game for the Caps and forced extra innings. LOTS of extra innings.
- Tyler Holt-DH, Lake County: 2-9, 2B, R, 2 K. Holt has been solid in his first taste of professional postseason action, hitting .257 for the Caps.
- Casey Frawley-SS, Lake County: 2-8, R, 4 K. Frawley is hitting .324 in the postseason, after being one of the Captains best offensive players all season.