Around the Farm: September 8
Luke Carlin-C, Columbus: 3-4, HR (1), 2B, 3 RBI, BB, R.
We have a little rule here on Around the Farm...if you hit a walkoff HR in the playoffs, you get top billing. Carlin is a 29-year old non-prospect at this point, but his 2-run blast in the bottom of the 10th yesterday gave the Clippers game one in the International League playoff series. He hit an 0-2 pitch out, after fouling of a couple of sacrifice bunt attempts. Carlin hit .238 with 4 HR between Indy and Columbus this year, but 2 of those 4 HR came in his 13 games for the Clippers. His OPS with Columbus was .776.
- David Huff-SP, Columbus: 7 IP, 6 H, 3 ER, 5 K, 2 BB. Huff did his job, pitching through the 7th last night and handing the bullpen a lead.
- Vinnie Pestano-RP, Columbus: IP, H, ER, K. A rare blown save from Pestano, who gave up a solo HR to lead off the bottom of the 9th.
- Zach Putnam-RP, Columbus: W, IP, K. Putnam came on in the top of the 10th, struck out one and earned the playoff W.
- Jerad Head-OF, Columbus: 3-3, RBI, 2 BB, 2 R: Big night for Head, hitting right in front of Carlin.
- Cord Phelps-2B, Columbus: 1-4, 2B, BB. Healthy and hitting again.
- Jared Goedert-3B, Columbus: 1-5, K. Bad August, worse September. Big performance in the playoffs could help solidify his anticipated jump in the prospect rankings.
- T.J. McFarland-SP, Kinston: 5 1/3 IP, 6 H, 3 R (1 ER), 6 K. Solid start for McFarland, who was victimized by a Diaz error in the 1st to give up a pair of unearned runs.
- Bo Greenwell-OF, Kinston: 2-5, 2B, R, 2 K. Got things started with a bang yesterday, hitting a leadoff double and scoring the game's 1st run.
- Chun Chen-C, Kinston: 2-4, 2B, RBI, BB, K. Now with hits in 9 of his last 10, Chen remains red-hot in the playoffs.
- Doug Pickens-DH, Kinston: 2-4. Pickens closed the regular season on a hot streak, and has been getting big hits for the K-Tribe in clutch situations.
- Brett Brach-SP, Lake County: 5 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 3 K, 1 BB. Brach didn't pitch long enough to get the win, but pitched well nonetheless.
- Jose Flores-RP, Lake County: 1 1/3 IP, 4 K. Dominant outing for Flores, who struck out 51 in 42 IP for the Caps in the regular season.
- Tyler Holt-OF, Lake County: 2-5, 2 RBI, K. Holt closed the regular season on an 0-8 skid, but opened the playoffs by driving in 2 of Lake County's 4 runs.
- Delvi Cid-OF, Lake County: 2-5, RBI, R, 2 SB, K. Cid stole 71 bases in the regular season, so its no surprise that he swiped a pair last night.
- Adam Abraham-3B, Lake County: 1-4, HR (1), RBI, R, K. One of the hottest players in the system after the 2010 all star break, Abraham continues his power display in the playoffs.
No comments currently. Be the first to comment!