ATF: December 16
- Felix Pie (CF, Estrelles de Oriente): 0-for-4, 3 K. Pie celebrated his official signing with the Indians by going for the hat trick with 3 strikeouts. I can already see a collective rolling of eyes from fans with his performance on the day of his signing (tough town).
- Joseph Colon (RP, Gigantes de Carolina): 0.2 IP, 2 H, 2 R/ER, 1 BB, 1 K. Colon is a low level prospect in the Indians organization and he is showing it so far with his performance this fall. His opportunities have been few and far in between but in 5 games he has pitched 4.1 innings and allowed 14 hits, 10 runs, 3 walks and has 2 strikeouts. Yowsers. He was also traded from one Puerto Rico team (Ponce) to another (Carolina).
- Ezequiel Carrera (CF, Navegantes del Magallanes): 1-for-3, BB. Solid game for Carrera getting on base in 2 of his 4 plate appearances. He is having a solid all-around showing in winter ball and his willingness to go out and play winter ball for two months has certainly earned a few points from the Indians.
- Jose Lopez (3B, Cardenales de Lara): 1-for-3, R, HR, 2 RBI, BB. Lopez also officially became an Indian on Friday, but unlike Pie, he celebrated in style mashing his 4th home run of the winter. He is having a good showing this winter hitting .291 with a .806 OPS in 33 games, but can he do this in the spring and in the big leagues next year?
- Asdrubal Cabrera (SS, Leones del Caracas): 0-for-3, E. Small sample size be damned, but Cabrera has been meh-like so far in 8 games this winter hitting .200 with 3 errors.
- Jesus Aguilar (1B, Leones del Caracas): 1-for-4, 2 RBI. Another productive game from Aguilar as he knocked in 2 runs with a line drive single in the 5th inning.
- Rob Bryson (RP, Bravos de Margarita): 0.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 K. Bryson faced one batter and retired him. This was his first appearance in almost a week, and he continues to pitch okay with a 2.70 ERA in 15 appearances but 9 walks in 10.0 innings.
- Eric Berger (RP, Bravos de Margarita): 0.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 0 K. Berger was unable to record an out as the two batters he faced both reached base before he was lifted for another pitcher. He got out of it unscathed, but he has now allowed 4 hits and 2 walks in his last 3 outings covering 2.0 innings.
Follow Tony and the Indians Prospect Insider on Twitter @TonyIPI. Also, his latest book the 2011 Cleveland Indians Top 100 Prospects & More is available for purchase for $20.95 to customers in the US (shipping and handling extra).
Follow Tony and the Indians Baseball Insider on Twitter @TonyIBI. Also, his new book the 2014 Cleveland Indians Baseball Insider which profiles the Indians' Top 100 Prospects and more is available for sale.