ATF: December 8
- Steven Wright (SP, Chiriqi Roneras): 4.0 IP, 7 H, 3 R/ER, 1 K, 2 BB, 0 HR. Wright’s first rough outing (and last) in Panama. Seeing how his team is in the championship series this was likely his last outing of the offseason. In 8 games prior to last night he had a 1.39 ERA and pitched 32.1 innings and gave up 20 hits, 12 walks and had 14 strikeouts.
- Eric Berger (RP, Bravos de Margarita): 1.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K. Berger is off to a very nice start to his winter ball campaign as he has now made three appearances and thrown 3.0 shutout innings allowing 1 hit, no walks, and has 4 strikeouts. Let’s hope the Stache can continue his early success the rest of the way.
- Paolo Espino (SP, Tiburones de la Guaira): 5.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R/ER, 1 BB, 4 K, 0 HR. Espino got another crack in the starting rotation after a disastrous 0.1 inning 5-run outing a week ago. He pitched well allowing just 1 run in 5.0 strong innings, and it is easily his second best appearance this winter in 5 games pitched.
- Ezequiel Carrera (CF, Navegantes del Magallanes): 0-for-4, K. Carerra’s up and down performance this fall continues as it looks like he is in the beginning stages of a funk as he is 0-for-10 in his last 3 games.
- Asdrubal Cabrera (SS, Leones del Caracas): 0-for-4. What a bum. He follows up his 3-for-4 debut on Wednesday night by going 0-for-4 the next night. Just cut him already. (sarcasm)
- Jesus Aguilar (1B, Leones del Caracas): 2-for-3. The Jesus Aguilar Show continues. He still has a ways to go before he is Major League ready, but there is not a position player who has improved and who has risen up the rankings in the organization like him this year.
Follow Tony and the Indians Prospect Insider on Twitter @TonyIPI. Also, his latest book the 2011 Cleveland Indians Top 100 Prospects & More is available for purchase for $20.95 to customers in the US (shipping and handling extra).
Follow Tony and the Indians Baseball Insider on Twitter @TonyIBI. Also, his new book the 2014 Cleveland Indians Baseball Insider which profiles the Indians' Top 100 Prospects and more is available for sale.