BA's Mock Draft
1. TAMPA BAY. TIM BECKHAM, ss, Griffin, Ga.
2. PITTSBURGH. PEDRO ALVAREZ, 3b, Vanderbilt.
3. KANSAS CITY. ERIC HOSMER, 1b, American Heritage HS, Plantation, Fla.
4. BALTIMORE. BRIAN MATUSZ, lhp, San Diego.
5. SAN FRANCISCO. JUSTIN SMOAK, 1b, South Carolina.
6. FLORIDA. BUSTER POSEY, c, Florida State.
7. CINCINNATI.: GORDON BECKHAM, ss, Georgia.
8. CHICAGO (AL). YONDER ALONSO, 1b, Miami.
9. WASHINGTON. AARON CROW, rhp, Missouri.
10. HOUSTON: KYLE SKIPWORTH, c, Patriot HS, Rubidoux, Calif.
11. TEXAS. ETHAN MARTIN, rhp, Stephens County HS, Toccoa, Ga.
12. OAKLAND. JEMILE WEEKS, 2b, Miami.
13. ST. LOUIS.: BRETT WALLACE, 3b/1b, Arizona State.
14. MINNESOTA. AARON HICKS, of/rhp, Wilson HS, Long Beach.
15. LOS ANGELES (NL). ANDREW CASHNER, rhp, Texas Christian.
16. MILWAUKEE.: BRETT LAWRIE, 3b/c, Brookswood SS, Langley, B.C.
17. TORONTO.: IKE DAVIS, 1b/of, Arizona State.
18. NEW YORK (NL).: CHRISTIAN FRIEDRICH, lhp, Eastern Kentucky.
19. CHICAGO (NL). TIM MELVILLE, rhp, Holt HS, Wentzville, Mo.
20. SEATTLE.: JOSHUA FIELDS, rhp, Georgia.
21. DETROIT. GERRIT COLE, rhp, Orange (Calif.) Lutheran HS.
22. NEW YORK (NL).: RYAN PERRY, rhp, Arizona.
23. SAN DIEGO. DANIEL SCHLERETH, lhp, Arizona.
24. PHILADELPHIA. SHOOTER HUNT, rhp, Tulane .
25. COLORADO. JAKE ODORIZZI, rhp, Highland (Ill.) HS.
26. ARIZONA.: BRETT DeVALL, lhp, Niceville, Fla.
27. MINNESOTA. ZACH COLLIER, of, Chino Hills (Calif.) HS.
28. NEW YORK (AL). CASEY KELLY, ss/rhp, Sarasota (Fla.) HS.
29. CLEVELAND. JASON CASTRO, c, Stanford.
30. BOSTON. DAVID COOPER, 1b, California.
I don't really like the Jason Castro pick. I am thinking that this may not be close to being right when Gillaspie and Lynn are still on the board at this point. My information says that after his SEC tournament start the Indians were asking for Lynn's medical records and were all over the Ole Miss coach I talked to trying to get information on Lynn. Doesn't mean they will go that way because they could have been doing the same thing with a bunch of guys but, for my money, it is still: Gillaspie, Lynn and then possibly Castro if the above list is accurate in terms of which guys will be gone when the Indians pick. Castro has risen suddenly in this draft (75th in the winter to 21st right now), I don't even think he was a full-time starter until this year. He matches my MO of guys who have shot up in their draft year.