Daily Recap: 8/26
- Buffalo lost 9-1. Lefty John Halama went seven innings and gave up nine runs (seven earned), and outfielder Trevor Crowe went 1-for-3 with a walk.
- Akron won 5-1 and clinched a tie for a playoff spot. Righy J.D. Martin continues to dominate, going six innings and allowing just one run. Erik Stiller, Tony Sipp, and Scott Roehl combined to throw 3 shutout innings of relief allowing 1 hit, no walks and had 4 strikeouts. OF Ryan Goleski had the big knock of the night with a 3-run home run.
- Kinston’s game with the Winston-Salem Warthogs scheduled for Tuesday night in the Triad has been rained out. It will be made up as part of a double header Wednesday at 6pm.
- For Lake County, outfielder Juan Valdez hit a three run home run and drove in five runs in the game and Ryan Morris picked up his ninth win of the season pitching no hit baseball through five innings in an 8-1 win. The win was the Captains fifth in a row which ties a season high.
- Mahoning Valley had a walkoff 8-7 win. They blew a four run lead in the top of the ninth, but in the bottom of the inning the Scrappers loaded the bases on walks and catcher Michael Valadez hit a sacrifice fly RBI to left for the game-winner. SS Lonnie Chisenhall hit his 5th home run and now has 44 RBI which is tied for 5th best in Scrapper history.
- The GCL Indians won 12-3. Lefty T.J. McFarland allowed one run in four innings, and RHP Clayton Cook followed him up with two shutout innings. 1B Adam Abraham hit his 5th home run of the season, and outfielder John Allman went 3-for-4 with a HR and 3 RBI.