MLB News and Rumors: Uribe returns to LA
With the offseason now in full spring, news will continue to become more and more frequent. In this MLB News and Notes segment, I will be giving occasional reports on the latest news and rumors throughout the MLB. I also will try to tweet news and rumors as I see them, so feel free to follow me on Twitter: @ajnicholsIBI.
Here are the stories from Saturday, December 14th.
- Juan Uribe has agreed to return to the Dodgers on a two year deal. ESPN's Buster Olney tweeted that Uribe will earn $15 million over the two years. It is expected the Uribe will be the everyday third baseman for Los Angeles.
Other News and Notes
- Jon Heyman of CBS Sports tweeted that pitcher Mike Pelfreyhas a deal in place to re-sign with the Twins. The agreed upon contract will guarantee Pelfrey $11 million over the next two seasons, as well as a potential of an extra $3.5 million in incentives.
- Despite the fact that the Twins have now already signed three starting pitchers this offseason, Mike Berardino says the club still has serious interest in Bronson Arroyo.
- Bruce Levine of 670thescore.com reported that the Yankees may have interest in Cubs second basemanDarwin Barney. Levine says the two clubs have discussed Barney in the past and have now re-opened those discussions in the wake of the Omar Infante signing.
- Sportnet's Ben Nicholson-Smith says the Marlins have shown interest in former big leaguer Casey McGehee. The third baseman spent last season in Japan, playing for the Rakuten Golden Eagles.
- According the David O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported that the Braves appear to be the mystery team that will sign pitcher Gavin Floyd.