Storylines: Power outage a problem throughout baseball
- Jordan Bastian of MLB.com believes that power among the MLB is down significantly from how it was a few years ago. According to Bastian, only 18 players had 27 home runs and only 11 had 30 home runs or more. That is the least amount of 30 or more home run hitters since 1992. Bastian also states how most chatter among teams is to get a big bat and watch the power numbers soar, but that it is easier said than done these days as some players struggle to live up to the power expectations.
- Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe reports that Kansas City Royals Gm Dayton Moore could possibly leave for the Atlanta Braves vacancy whether the Royals win the World Series or not.
- According to Chris Cotillo of MLBDailyDish.com, the Atlanta Braves have signed infielder Pedro Ciriaco to a minor league deal.
- According to Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe, the San Francisco Giants and the New York Mets are two of the possible teams that will go after Nick Markakis.
- According to Jun Hugo of the Wall Street Journal Japan, former Indians and NPB MVP Alex Ramirez has retired. He hit 380 home runs in his career with Yakult, Yomiuri and Yokahoma of Japan.
- Rob Bradford of WEEI.com reports that Chili Davis will leave the Oakland Athletics as the hitting coach and join the Boston Red Sox for the same position.