The 2009 Prospect Book Is Here!
Finally, the 2009 Cleveland Indians Top 100 Prospects & More book is here. I feel like I have been updating everyone on this for the better part of a year, but it finally is here. Sometime today (Monday) I will be sendind the book to be published and should have the books in hand by the end of the week to ship out to anyone interested.
And, with that said, I am ready to start taking official orders for the book!
First, here are the details about the new book:
- The Top 100 prospects in the system are profiled with full, detailed scouting reports for each player.
- There is also an additional 27 scouting reports for players not included in the Top 100 list for various reasons. Players like Kelvin Diaz, Scott Roehl, Denny Montero, Kevin Fontanez, Chun-Hsiu Chen, and John Allman are included. These reports will also not be on-line at this time, and are exclusive only to the book.
- My previous rankings, my 2008 Top 50 and 2007 Top 35 to compare how the listing has evolved.
- Professional quality pictures for over 100 players (Ken Carr is da man!).
- Full career stats for every player in the Top 100.
- Charts: Top prospects by position, organizational depth chart, players released in 2008, 2008 Draft results, Rule 5 eligibles for the next four years from 2009-2012, etc.
- Full listing of all transactions for each affiliate in the 2008 season.
- Information for each affiliate such as coaching staff, location, roster limits, website and more.
- 2009 Player Development Staff listing.
- Full minor league schedule grid showing side-by-side scheduled for Columbus, Akron, Kinston, Lake County and Mahoning Valley.
- Rule 5 FAQ
Here is the cover, front and back:
This is a sleek, compact book 150+ pages in length - over 60 pages larger than last year's edition - chock full of information on over three quarters of the Indians farm system (90%+ of the players stateside). The book includes a nice full color glossy cover, with a better overall design that is a real nice step up from last year. Also, like last year, from front to back there are no ads taking up space as every page is filled with information on the players and system, as well as loaded with charts, graphs, and photos. Bigger is not always better, but in this case I am confident fans will be happy with the additional information pertaining to the additional 50+ players included in the book this year versus last year's effort.
To order, e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org . When you make your "order", I need the following information:
- How many books you want
- Your full name and mailing address
I will confirm the order and give the quoted price (if you select more than one book), and then you can pay me by sending a check or money order to me in the mail, or you can pay by PayPal with a check or credit card. I will provide the mailing address or PayPal instructions after you contact me.
As far as the price goes, for one book the cost INCLUDING shipping and handling will be $17.95 (domestic orders only). For those that purchase additional books in the same order, these can be purchased at a discounted rate of $14.95 per book (no limit). The book is bigger and better, but actually is cheaper than last year as with shipping and handling it was $19-21 for most people. For those who do not have the book shipped and make arrangements for pickup, it is $14.95 a book.
As for those outside of the United States, due to the much higher cost of shipping depending on what country you live in, we can work out the details of the shipping cost and final price. Overseas orders are certainly welcome!
I appreciate the interest and support....and Go Tribe!
Any questions, ask!