The Scrapperbook: 6/22/2012 - 6/28/2012
Where We Stand in Week Two:
Overall Record: 4-7 (2-5 this week) Fifth place, 4.0 games behind Auburn.
Week Two Games:
22 @ State College, L 0-4 (WP: C. Holmes; LP: R. Aviles; SV: E. De Leon)
23 @ State College, L 2-9 (WP: D. Friend; LP: G. Davenport)
24 @ State College, L 5-6 (WP: J. Montero; LP: L. Head; SV: P. Ludwig)
25 vs. Williamsport, L 2-3 (WP: G. Broussard; LP: C. Penny; SV: J. Stefan)
26 vs. Williamsport, W 6-2 (WP: R. Merritt; LP: J. Musser)
27 vs. Williamsport, L 1-2 (WP: D. Perez; LP: J. Martin; SV: Z. Cooper)
28 vs. State College, W 6-5 (WP: E. Tejada; LP: T. Harlan)
06/22/2012: OF Jordan Casas assigned to Lake County Captains from Mahoning Valley Scrappers.
06/22/2012: 3B Robel Garcia assigned to Mahoning Valley Scrappers from Lake County Captains.
06/22/2012: 2B Jose Ramirez assigned to Lake County Captains from Mahoning Valley Scrappers.
06/22/2012: RHP Nicholas Pasquale assigned to Mahoning Valley Scrappers from AZL Indians.
06/24/2012: INF Joe Sever assigned to Mahoning Valley Scrappers.
06/28/2012: Louis Head assigned to Lake County Captains from Mahoning Valley Scrappers.
06/28/2012: Felix Sterling assigned to Mahoning Valley Scrappers from Lake County Captains.
- First round pick CF Tyler Naquin continues to impress in the early going. Although he's only played five games, he's hitting .400 with two doubles, two runs driven in, and a stolen base. Even more impressively, he has a .478 OBP and .978 OPS. At this rate, he could be called up to Lake County in the near future.
- RHP Luis DeJesus has had two solid starts, going 11 innings, allowing only three hits, one earned run, and one walk, while striking out 10 batters. Oppositing hitters are also hitting a mere .154 off him. He struggled in Lake County, but he's rebounded nicely so far for the Scrappers.
- As a team, the Scrappers are only hitting .218, which ranks them second to last in all of the New York-Penn League. Aside from Naquin who's hitting .400, C Charlie Valerio is the only other player who has much to show offensively, hitting .318. The next closest hitter is OF Juan Romero, who is hitting .212.
- Looking further into the offensive stats, the Scrappers rank last in OPS (.599), second to last in slugging (.308), last in on base percentage (.291), and third to last in hits (80).
- The pitching as a whole has been average; nothing spectacular, nothing terrible. For the most part, they've been able to keep the team within reach of a win, but the offense has held them back.
- In comparison to the rest of the league, they rank pretty much in the middle of the pack. They rank seventh in ERA (3.53), fourth in hits allowed (95), sixth fewest in runs allowed (46) and earned runs allowed (38), sixth fewest in walks (34), and sixth in WHIP (1.33).
29 vs. State College, 7:05 PM
30 vs. State College, 7:05 PM
1 @ Williamsport, 5:05 PM
2 @ Williamsport, 7:05 PM
3 @ Williamsport, 7:05 PM
4 vs. Aberdeen, 7:05 PM
5 vs. Aberdeen, 7:05 PM